Dominicans In North Carolina

corecto

Jun 18, 2003
Someone I know wants to move to North Carolina and open up a "dominican restaurant" However, his problem is that he does know where the majority of dominicans in NC are. Does anyone know which barrio, county etc dominicans live in NC?

Thanks for your help.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Someone I know wants to move to North Carolina and open up a "dominican restaurant" However, his problem is that he does know where the majority of dominicans in NC are. Does anyone know which barrio, county etc dominicans live in NC?

Thanks for your help.

From the little research that I have done it seems that (in the Charlotte area) they (Hispanics)are in and around Monroe in Union county. I can only speak for the Charlotte area. I will be there Sept4, 5, 6th to look at several proposals regarding real estate.

If interested in more info contact me by PM and I will share with you what I find out.

JOHN

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are a few Dominicans in North Carolina. If you look for a thread regarding Dominican hair salons in the Charlotte area you'll see where they are.
Recently one of our posters moved to the Raleigh area. Just where i do not know yet.

HB

Zebra

Aug 28, 2007
Correcto,

You should talk to Supercanal Caribe.That is a Dominican channel that is in USA.
You could talk to Frank Sonny Jorge he is the VP of the channel.

Z

cuas

May 29, 2006
My daughter went to A&T State University in Greensboro. She is doing her master now. I visited her in July, I wore a Dominican T-shirt tp meet Dominicans. Not one Dominican in Greensboro. One Dominican came to deliver a bed, I wanted to ask questions, he was in a rush but he said he recently moved from the Bronx to Raliegh.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Demographics

There are many sites that you can research by city, zip code, etc. for % of Hispanics. I have done this with Charlotte for my project but it (of course)
doesnt break out the Nationalities.

mreyes6300

Sep 6, 2007
Dominicanos In Georgia

I have recently move to this area from Maryland and I am looking forward
to open a new business in the area, but I would love to know where the most
dominican concentration is...any suggestion?

latingirlga

Oct 3, 2007
Live in Goergia--lived in North Carolina

So here it goes, I live in Georgia now, and yes, there is a great population of Dominicans in the Gwinnett area. Now, please don't come with the idea of a hair salon in this county, because we have one in every corner.

As for North Carolina, there are about three Dominican supermarkets were you can find salchichon, platanos, chocolate embajador, verdura and much more in Durham/Raleigh. Only a few hair salons so far.

Hope this help !!

gemenilaidback

Oct 22, 2003
La Regia

There is a restraunt here in Durham that is half mexican . It is called La Regia. It is owned by a nice family from La Romana....they are my friends buena gente.
2601 Nc Hwy 55
Durham, NC 27713
(919) 957-1177

Also the Galaxy food and Compare in the city are Dominican owned. alot of my friends work and hang out there.

RAPHAEL

Oct 19, 2007
www.dentistry.unc.edu
Bueno...si la comida is good and there's a nice atmosphere, I'll pay them a visit este Sabado. Gracias for sharing la informacion;)
There is a restraunt here in Durham that is half mexican . It is called La Regia. It is owned by a nice family from La Romana....they are my friends buena gente.
2601 Nc Hwy 55
Durham, NC 27713
(919) 957-1177

Also the Galaxy food and Compare in the city are Dominican owned. alot of my friends work and hang out there.

Joe-C

Dec 3, 2007
Hi, to all my Dominican Family. I would like to know if there is a social gathering in the charlotte area for Dominican.

GOPpartypros

Apr 22, 2008
www.GOPpartypros.com
Hey guys,

I'm married to Dominican Family.. More and more Dominicans are in Raleigh,NC now they are coming down to Sanford,NC 45 minutes south of Raleigh,NC on US1.. Dominican Restaurant down here plus a Compare Foods Dominican owned.. If you like the country a little more than city life then Sanford,NC is the place.. growing more and more from people all over the US.. New York, New Jersey, Florida, California.. Let me know if your interested in going to the Dominican Restaurant he's a family friend.. "EL RANCHO Restaurant" from the family that owns the restaurant in NYC " EL MARGO"..

guandulera

Apr 22, 2008
Can I get the addres

Hey guys,

I'm married to Dominican Family.. More and more Dominicans are in Raleigh,NC now they are coming down to Sanford,NC 45 minutes south of Raleigh,NC on US1.. Dominican Restaurant down here plus a Compare Foods Dominican owned.. If you like the country a little more than city life then Sanford,NC is the place.. growing more and more from people all over the US.. New York, New Jersey, Florida, California.. Let me know if your interested in going to the Dominican Restaurant he's a family friend.. "EL RANCHO Restaurant" from the family that owns the restaurant in NYC " EL MARGO"..

I'm willing to drive for a mangu o guandul con coco

EddyT644

Apr 18, 2008
There are a few Dominicans in North Carolina. If you look for a thread regarding Dominican hair salons in the Charlotte area you'll see where they are.
Recently one of our posters moved to the Raleigh area. Just where i do not know yet.

HB

This is true. Mi tia works in a dominican hair salon in Raleigh and lives just outside out Raleigh

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Charlotte area

I was in Charlotte Tues and Wed of this week.There's certaintly a presense of Hispanics but hard to determine what nationality. I drove by many small strip malls in both Charlotte and Concord but they all seemed Mexican to me. Several weeks back I was in Monroe and I know for sure that quite a number of Dominicans live in that town(more like the surrounding towns of Waxhall, Indian Trail)

Wish I could tell you more as I am selling re-habbed houses in Charlotte and would like to offer them to Dominicans but don't know how to put a handle on them.
JOHN

cuas

May 29, 2006
I was in Charlotte Tues and Wed of this week.There's certaintly a presense of Hispanics but hard to determine what nationality. I drove by many small strip malls in both Charlotte and Concord but they all seemed Mexican to me. Several weeks back I was in Monroe and I know for sure that quite a number of Dominicans live in that town(more like the surrounding towns of Waxhall, Indian Trail)

Wish I could tell you more as I am selling re-habbed houses in Charlotte and would like to offer them to Dominicans but don't know how to put a handle on them.
JOHN

My daughter lives in Greensboro. She is interested. Please PM me for her email address.

drebel

Aug 15, 2008
Raleigh

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update the forum and say that raleigh is a nice area for dominicans. We have a club AMBIS 1, several dominican owned supermarkets. A hair Salon Sunny's Salon.. A dominican Restaurant Caribbean Cafe, Check out the website at Caribbean Cafe - Delicious latin food in Raleigh,NC. for those of you who are looking to have your native foods or anyone else who wants to taste the wonderful foods of the caribbean. Also in durham a couple spanish own supermarkets.. and a fine restaurant as one of the previous posters said called LA Regia.. So if you are afraid of moving here because there is not presense you are mistaken. PM me if you have any questions.