trip to DR

JamesCassilda

Aug 28, 2007
last week of oct and first week of nov i have off from work. i'd like to get out of the US. would really like to travel Dominican Republic especially santiago and Puerto Plata. . think its possible to see both and some things in between in two weeks? open to other suggestions. really appreciate any help and suggestions with planning... on a budget.
before going there i want to book hotels so i had short listed 5 travel sites , one of them is asiarooms.com, from my point of view i like this site over others because it has a vast list of hotels.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
You can easily do Santiago and Puerto PLata / North coast in 2 weeks. Not long ago we had a long detailed trip report from Peter & Cristine who did much of the country in 3 weeks. Search for his report as they did much of it on a budget.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
last week of oct and first week of nov i have off from work. i'd like to get out of the US. would really like to travel Dominican Republic especially santiago and Puerto Plata. . think its possible to see both and some things in between in two weeks? open to other suggestions. really appreciate any help and suggestions with planning... on a budget.
before going there i want to book hotels so i had short listed 5 travel sites , one of them is asiarooms.com, from my point of view i like this site over others because it has a vast list of hotels.
I think the site sux for the DR.
Searching Sosua, it turned up all of two results and they are in fact the same hotel, Casa Marina Reef & Beach, and are hardly budget priced.
You'd do a lot better just Googling up DR hotels.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
:bunny:Try here budget hotel Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic