What are the Airlines that are most pet friendly?

Margery

Aug 1, 2007
Hi,

I will be re-locating to the DR and want to bring my two cats and two parakeets with me. Which airlines are the most pet friendly and allow both of my cats as a carry on? Thanks!:cheeky:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Where are you flying from? Friends have brought in two cats in the cabin without difficulty on AA, however they had to be in the same travel carrier. We bring our dog back and forth in the cabin wth out a problem on Delta. They allow one pet per cabin per flight, so booking can be a problem if there are already pets on board. The pet carrier must fit under the seat with the amimal in the carrier at all times. I am told that total wt of pet and carrier must be under 20 pounds but I am not sure of this. Also the dog/cat must be able to turn completely around when in the carrier.
I have no idea about the birds however.
Hope this helps.

Bob K

cork

Aug 23, 2003
birds?

When I came here 1 1/2 years ago, NO birds were allowed into DR due to the "bird flu".

I tried everything including trips to the National Zoo and USDA Certificates, plus letters from the DR consulate in 2 US cities.

That being said it can be done. Details upon private requests only.

Feb 7, 2007
Continental is also pet friendly, but book it in advance as only 4 pets are allowed on board at the same time.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi,

I will be re-locating to the DR and want to bring my two cats and two parakeets with me. Which airlines are the most pet friendly and allow both of my cats as a carry on? Thanks!:cheeky:

Maybe it is not relevant because you didn't mention where you were flying from.... some of us do reside here from other places you know!!! We came to DR in June of last year with 5 dogs and 2 cats. from the UK... yes, it was very expensive but very worthwhile and they all love it here.