SFS & Domestic staff?

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
We started this discussion on the "LIVING" Forum but as no-one seems to have any relevant experience may be this Forum is better suited.

I've searched the forums and got no results for SFS - I need to know what I should do about enrolling my domestic staff in this program and how to do it.

Anybody have experiences in this aspect? I'd be glad and appreciative of any advice/assistance.....

Thanks,

Bryan

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We started this discussion on the "LIVING" Forum but as no-one seems to have any relevant experience may be this Forum is better suited.

I've searched the forums and got no results for SFS - I need to know what I should do about enrolling my domestic staff in this program and how to do it.

Anybody have experiences in this aspect? I'd be glad and appreciative of any advice/assistance.....

Thanks,

Bryan

I am keen to know too Bryan so thank you for raising the subject in this forum also. After all, this is meant to come into effect in 2 days time, eh? We currently treat our staff in a similar way to what you described in the "living" forum but were going to sign them up with ARS Monumental but have held off to see what our commitment is via SFS. Any advice would be appreciated here too.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The reason for no answers to your questions I believe is that the nation is in a general attitude of wait and see how this works out. I think the players have lots of questions themselves, so time will tell how they get answered.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Generally speaking, unless you are a company or corporation, domestic staff are not included in SFS, unless you have decided to register them with one of the HMO (ARS) groups. You would be getting into a world of bureaucracy.

I agree that we are in a wait and see mode right now. Looks very confusing from first reports.

HB

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
All Dominican citizens and residents are included as beneficiaries of Social Security Law #87-01 (Article 5) . Legally, therefore, households should enroll their domestic staff with the system.