Hotel San Pedro de Marcoris - also need car

NorthCoast

Dec 6, 2005
If anyone would like to recommend a hotel of 3 or 4 Star quality, located in San Pedro de Marcoris, I would really appreciate the help. I most likely would be renting a car at Santo Domingo airport, so a hotel within a reasonable distance outside of the city would be very nice too.

Which is the best rental car company in Santo Domingo airport?

Here is one that I just found.

Barcelo Talanquera Beach Resort - SAN PEDRO DE MARCORIS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Information Page

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are not many hotels in San Pedro itself, most visitors stay in Juan Dolio which is 11kms away - on the way to Santo Domingo.

In Juan Dolio, Talanquera is a 3* alll inclusive, Capella is nicer - supposedly 5*, or ou have costa Caribe which I think is 4*. All of these are all inclusive. if ou want room only, your best bet is an aparthotel - Albatros, or rent an apartment.

Matilda

NorthCoast

Dec 6, 2005
All incusive is not necessary

Matilda, Thank you for your response. We have stayed in an all inclusive type hotel before, but for this trip we will probably not stay at this type, since we will be visitiing with a friend who comes from SP de Marcoris and have plans to visit relatives, etc. I should have looked at the Talanquera site closer.

What about the Albatros ApartHotel? Is it in the city itself. I will google it.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know the Dominican Republic well, or San Pedro de Marcoris?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The Albatros is on the main boulevard in Juan Dolio at the San Pedro end. it is fine, but not luxurious. Rooms are studios and very spacious equipped with cooker and microwave. Most have sea view. Large pool. It is on the beach but you have no sea access there as it is rocky. Sea access is a 3 minute walk away. Rates I think are around 60 us$ a night.

I have lived in Juan Dolio for 6 years, and I go into San Pedro twice or three times a week so I know it reasonably well, but not as well as someone who actually lives in the town. I have also travelled a bit around the country - have a farm in the hills above Barahona so know that too.

Matilda

NorthCoast

Dec 6, 2005
Great help!

The location sounds decent. Hope that it is a safe area. Don't like sketchy areas on vacation, you know! Wondering if there is a place to get coffee and breakfast at the ApartHotel. I have located an address and phone number, along with an e-mail. I will contact them.

Must be nice living there.

Thanks for the help

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Yes you can get coffee and breakfast. If you want call in to my colmado along the street and have coffee and breakfast there. if youwant to book pm me as I know the manager and I'll make sure you get a nice room.