Possible Coup in the DR?

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
I read yesterday in Diario Libre that El Cibao region is very, very unhappy and that the govt is worried bc they're not getting support in these provinces.

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Ok, if the attack is millitary based , there can be some intelligence that leaks to the USA and because they are happy with Leonel his money , Bush and partners will try to stop it.
But what if a group uncontrolled people suddenly go hunting.
What than ?? after the fact ....

I heard a new nickname today >> Ladronel
For sure invented by real unhappy people.

The future, i have no idea, it can go to all imaginable options

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Bush over here???
keep that a.h. out of here, there are enough countries on this world which received Big Bush's US american assistance, ask the people over there what they think about it.
this country is passing the time of very big changes, those started a short time back and will take long decades to be done. no countries system been created in a 1 years move and many of the ones, especially those outcrying big brothers US, aren't perfectly done, not even a bit clos to perfect.
in many matters i wish our government would not try to copy the big brother over there so much.
i have 13 years living on the island now, of course there's nothing finished, but when i see how things like the med system, streets, aso are brought on their way it doesn't look like a bad way.
you worry about corruption?
please don't tell me you voted for Bush or one of the other US governments the last couple of decades.
it is on it's way to bring the electricity to the farer spots with less blacked out hours per day, crying because of the taxes which came up the last years? how else you want to pay for all the stuff which still has to be done, in case of the poorer people on the island most don't pay the most taxes, because they work on the streets and support their families with jobs like windshieldwashers, shoeshiners, cell phone assecories sellers aso on the streets of every street crossing of the capital city, and not only there. the high taxes, and those 16% aren't that much compared to many spots on the world where i lived before my settlement on this beautiful island, effect for the big part the ones who can affort to pay them. higjh gas prices are paid by people who can afford to drive a car, taxes on imported luxury goods are paid by people who can effort to buy them aso.
people on the streets to shout loud out about the stuff they want to have changed aren't out of the ordinary, that's their right, we are a democracy, and it is good to see them out there, if not would mean the government is a dictatorship blocking down any controverse meanings.
nickname Ladronel?
every president will get a nickname like that til everybody is a millionaire, including the lowbrained residents bringing up those phrases.
it looks like the bunch of people of ya forgot how many of the former Hipolito friends been judged, drug traffic been never more lucrative than under his jurisdiction.
if you look around you'll se improvements in public life everywhere, of course not finished, long way to go, but the last years we had some nice improvements.
there are many more possibilities to get a med even for a poor one after an accident than before. face of santo domingo changed a lot, look o the streets. presence of public schools moved up a lot and for the high school grades are much more spaces available.
it's stupid just to count on negatives without counting the improvements.
this country been never not even close to a improvement/positive progress than it is now in all the years i live and work here.
just give 'em a chance and help them with a positive attitude
fun in the sun for all
Mike

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
The United Nations was established to protect small nations from Large and powerful remember the Monroe Doctrine, this nor any other country in the Americas will be subjected to colonization. in the Seventeen and Eighteen century anyone with mnitary might invaded and comquered and raped and claimed their right in the colonies in Latin America, Asia and Africa.

The US is not too intersted in DR and its social problems, the minirals are almost all gone we do not possed great amount of petrolium, there are no diamond mines or precious stones. Our only re4source for the fucture is sugar cane, which will be the petrolium of the fucture, but we are not there yet.

Their cups is runing over which their involvement in the Middle East and Afganistan. Their citizens are nt supporting their involvement, they soon will have to pull back their forces. I dn't see them comming here like they did in the early part of the twentieth century. The Banking system is not strong enought to require debt collection by force, they are on their own when investing anywhere, they take their chances, win or loose.