Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

82 Supastars

Sep 7, 2007
Me and 3 of my buddys are coming to Puerto Plata in 2 weeks. We're going to be there for 3 days. Does any1 have any chances? We're 3 single guys lookin to have a good time........

brooklynguy33

Sep 3, 2007
where in PP will u guys stay ? me and a friend also 2 single guys we go like 3 times a year and this should be your last problam lol just hit the beach or club but make sure that thay have ID otherwise dont bother as hot she will look if a cop stops u and she has no ID u are in big big truble ill be from sept 26 for about 10 days is it your first time?

82 Supastars

Sep 7, 2007
I'm going from the 21st-24th. This is a first time for us. We're staying in some villa, not sure where though.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I'm going from the 21st-24th. This is a first time for us. We're staying in some villa, not sure where though.

Lesson #1 - find out where you are staying. This is a big country. Can't believe that you have paid for a trip, and don't know what you paid for or where. LOL:bunny:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Cabarete is about 40 minutes from POP, and will be quite a commute if you have to be around there.

The good news is Cabarete has a great beach for daytime activities, and if this is a "guy's trip", you'll find what you're looking for there, but especially in Sosua, which is only about 10-15 minutes down the road.

Have fun, and be safe.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You'll be better off, as mentioned above, to be in the Sosua/Cabarete area.
The only problem you might have is isolation.
If you're renting a car, you'll be ok.

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
I've a question.

I am also coming to the DR, on the 12th. I have a reservation for my first to nights, but I intend to arrange lodging on the fly for the next 8 days as I will be moving around to the various golf courses on the island.

What's the best way to do this? Should I just look around, find a motel or resort in a good location and just ask for a room for the night? I'm not going to pinch pennies on my vacation and paying $50 more here or there is not going to break the budget.

Can I indulge in this luxury of not being committed sight unseen or am I asking for heartache? I figure that since it is low season, I shouldn't have too many problems, but I'm not sure.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I've a question.

I am also coming to the DR, on the 12th. I have a reservation for my first to nights, but I intend to arrange lodging on the fly for the next 8 days as I will be moving around to the various golf courses on the island.

What's the best way to do this? Should I just look around, find a motel or resort in a good location and just ask for a room for the night? I'm not going to pinch pennies on my vacation and paying $50 more here or there is not going to break the budget.

Can I indulge in this luxury of not being committed sight unseen or am I asking for heartache? I figure that since it is low season, I shouldn't have too many problems, but I'm not sure.
You won't have any trouble finding accommodations.
We don't have motels in the DR and resorts may be costly for nothing.
Hotels is what you're looking for.

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
Rocky. Apparently...a legend.

Thanks for the reassurance, and thanks for hooking me up with Hillbilly and Bushbaby, two other guys who are apparently legends.

I feel kind of foolish effusively offering you a drink earlier. Once again, apparently, you own your own bar. I didn't realize before.

Good on you, bro. Could a tourist spend some money in a local establishment and buy the owner a round?

Looking forward to seeing you.

A patron.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the reassurance, and thanks for hooking me up with Hillbilly and Bushbaby, two other guys who are apparently legends.

I feel kind of foolish effusively offering you a drink earlier. Once again, apparently, you own your own bar. I didn't realize before.

Good on you, bro. Could a tourist spend some money in a local establishment and buy the owner a round?

Looking forward to seeing you.

A patron.
They certainly are legends, and there's not a dull moment around those two.
Perhaps we'll get to meet along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.