Comparison Please

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Whe I read some of the comments here about how bad it is to be dating a resort worker, it leaves me with a few questions.
First of all let me admit that I had met one and had a "relationship" with him, but I have learned alot about Sankies, found out he was one and ended it.

My questions are:

What are the comparisons one could make with North America to make us understand how a resort worker is so different from the average Dominican?
(Would it be like dating someone who worked at McDonald's or dating a guy on welfare)?

How is it that Sankies can be so proud of their conquests that they brag to others about it when it is supposedly so shameful a thing in the DR?
(This I've read many times here)

I guess it is just very difficult for me to understand the mindset of these people.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
My questions are:

Q) What are the comparisons one could make with North America to make us understand how a resort worker is so different from the average Dominican?
(Would it be like dating someone who worked at McDonald's or dating a guy on welfare)?

A) There is no comparison. In North America it is not culturally the norm to shower a man with gifts and pay for a night out. We call this a pimp and pimps are the scum of the earth.

-A guy here on welfare will be dating a loser like himself or he will be alone. Unless the guy got caught out in bad life circumstances and is using the help because he needs it and is in school or some type of training program. Sankies are not like this. They are out to sweet talk their way to gain material possessions and eventually that visa.

-Women who date sankies care about dating a younger guy with a tight body. Doesn't matter whether he is cute or not, just as long as he fits the stereotype of the virile dark-skinned tropical native who is great in bed and has a large member. No corresponding comparisons can be made as this does not exist for the most part in North America.

Q) How is it that Sankies can be so proud of their conquests that they brag to others about it when it is supposedly so shameful a thing in the DR?
(This I've read many times here)

A) Of course they are proud and brag about their conquests. If you are vermin, would you rather be a cockroach or a waterbug? Sankies are the waterbugs in their world, which is infested and populated with vermin. They are the big shots, so of course they will brag. Even vermin need to feel like they are somebody.

-And when they brag about their conquests its sort of like drug dealers bragging about how big a house they have or how nice a car they drive. Drug dealers may be scum, but their cash gets them respect in certain circles just like it does the sankie.

Q) I guess it is just very difficult for me to understand the mindset of these people.[/QUOTE]

A) I was talking to a very beautiful dominican chica here in NYC. Shes' pretty and knows it. Even though she works she would rather not. She was talking about a friend of hers back in Santo Domingo who is being taken care of by and old man.The guy buys her everything, apartment, credit cards, the works. She spoke about her friend with envy.

-Its' like anything else in life-why work for something you want when you can just lay down for it? From the viewpoint of the sankie it is the same. Girls here in the atates do it all the time, except in the DR the roles are reversed with the sankie.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
-Women who date sankies care about dating a younger guy with a tight body. Doesn't matter whether he is cute or not, just as long as he fits the stereotype of the virile dark-skinned tropical native who is great in bed and has a large member. No corresponding comparisons can be made as this does not exist for the most part in North America

Not all, myself and some of the women I have met dating a resort worker, are young, attractive, and have nice bodies. I am also bronze skinned, I blended in with Dominicans easily.

A) I was talking to a very beautiful dominican chica here in NYC. Shes' pretty and knows it. Even though she works she would rather not. She was talking about a friend of hers back in Santo Domingo who is being taken care of by and old man.The guy buys her everything, apartment, credit cards, the works. She spoke about her friend with envy.

That's the point, I could easily date an older man for his money, but it would be GROSS to me to do that

-Its' like anything else in life-why work for something you want when you can just lay down for it?

Because I would never be able to repect myself if I did that

I don't think my questions have been answered.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Are you looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear, or the truth?

If you look at the statistics, females who engage in sex tourism are older white ladies from the west. Most are past their sell-by date and are looking for companionship, sex with a young dark-skinned male and validation of their self-worth.

They have disposable incomes and are lonely. You and your friends, if you are so young and attractive, yet you "date" these types of men, are more than likely the same type of girls who flash their breasts and act like fools on those "Girls Gone Wild" videos that are so popular here in the states.

If you date guys with no class, you yourself have no class. Rummaging in the garbage for something to eat when you can have dinner in a nice restaurant makes you a bum, like it or not.

And just because you say you are young and nice-looking doesn't make you a prize worth catching if you date sankies.

Is that enough of an explanation for you?

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
Are you looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear, or the truth?

If you look at the statistics, females who engage in sex tourism are older white ladies from the west. Most are past their sell-by date and are looking for companionship, sex with a young dark-skinned male and validation of their self-worth.

They have disposable incomes and are lonely. You and your friends, if you are so young and attractive, yet you "date" these types of men, are more than likely the same type of girls who flash their breasts and act like fools on those "Girls Gone Wild" videos that are so popular here in the states.

If you date guys with no class, you yourself have no class. Rummaging in the garbage for something to eat when you can have dinner in a nice restaurant makes you a bum, like it or not.

And just because you say you are young and nice-looking doesn't make you a prize worth catching if you date sankies.

Is that enough of an explanation for you?

This whole thread is kind of sad, rediculous and intriguing at the same time to me now. I went back and checked and I guess this Sankie thread has been going on for a while. How widespread is this Sankie thing anyway in the resorts to warrant such extended discussion? Where, when and why would any woman submit to being interviewed for a survey that would result in "female sex tourism" statistics? ("Miss, we are interrupting your vacation to ask your why you are having sex with hotel workers you are totally incompatible with. Your answers will become part of a research project") I did read a study about sex tourists in Boca Chica. Was there one done about Sankies as well? I'd like to read it. Who wrote it? Sankeism is not illegal unless you are found to defraud the immigration process, so you could not check arrest records. I am going to have to conclude that the previous posts use of "statistics" was a bogus stunt used to bolster his/her argument. I am calling your bluff. Show me where you got your stats. Not to say I don't agree with most of the opinions I read. I am just saying that you went overboard and are generalizing and stereotyping. And you are using stats that I am almost certain you never read. Go ahead and say "you don't live here". I know, so tell me how to get my hands on those stats.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I guess it's one thing to go to the DR and meet a guy and have a fling. Then you leave it as that. Maybe if you live close enough you might go back a couple of times for some fun but that's about it. Usually you both realize that it's not going to go anywhere so you both let it be.

A sankie is a slug. THEY have no shame. They lie, cheat, steal, and con. They will tell you you are beautiful when you are ugly as sin, they will tell you what YOU want to hear to get YOU to give them what THEY want--- MONEY or the coveted VISA. They know that the relationship really won't go anywhere but they have to make you believe that it will. If they don't they won't get what they want.

If you are young and pretty that's better. At least they find you attractive. Wouldn't you prefer to have sex with someone that's attractive?? I guess the down side is you don't have that much money but in comparison to them you do.

IMO they can be compared to ghetto thugs. People that work in McDonalds at least have a job and if you are on welfare you had to fill out the paperwork to get it.

They brag about their conquests to other sankies. They aren't hob nobbing with every day Dominicans. They brag because the don't have any class. "My "GF" sent me $100 this money. Well mine sent me sneakers or an Ipod."

They know their place in society. Decent Domincan don't want to deal with them.

They are perpetrators. Con artists.

Two of my co-workers are Dominicanas. We were talking about Sankies one day. They don't want to have ANYTHING to do with them. The think that they are vile creatures.

Would you associate with street thugs and criminals where you live?? Would you date a thug??? Would you bring a barrio thug home to meet Mom?

If you would then a sankie is right up your alley.

That's what I equate them to. Some people might not agree with me but that's my opinion.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am going to have to conclude that the previous posts use of "statistics" was a bogus stunt used to bolster his/her argument. I am calling your bluff. Show me where you got your stats. Not to say I don't agree with most of the opinions I read. I am just saying that you went overboard and are generalizing and stereotyping. And you are using stats that I am almost certain you never read. Go ahead and say "you don't live here". I know, so tell me how to get my hands on those stats.[/QUOTE]

An article written in Rolling Stone magazine highlighting female sex tourism in Jamaica and another one from Vanity Fair magazine on the western coast of Africa and the boom in sex tourism between male africans and western european white women.

These articles had pictures of the women posing with their boyfriends and the stories were told from both sides.

What I said were not statistics per se, as there is no way anyone can obtain firm numbers on actual sex tourism. I never claimed I had concrete numbers and never quoted numbers. These were generalizations made by the writers of these two articles.

Now if you need to read those articles because you don't believe a word I say do the research yourself at your local public library. The information is there, go look for it.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
Berzin, My first question was about how dating a resort worker compared, not specifically seeking out a sankie. I have seen the older, overwieght women with young men in the DR and understand what you were refering to in those cases.
I don't have friends who date sankies, I met people on vacation who had boyfriends that worked in resorts and some of those women were young and attractive, not sex tourists.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I don't think younger women necessarily think that the men that they are with are sankies. I think that THEY go into it with good intentions and then find out that the person that they are with is not honorable.-- usually the hard way.

Why would you possible think this??-- that he is conning you. For the most part this doesn't exist in your respective country. People normally don't do this. You are not looking for this behavior and expecting it.--but then again in your own country you aren't hanging out with these types of people.

In your own country you would recognize the behavior and run.

Maybe now they've expanded to younger women. They are more attractive and more naive. Younger women have more disposable income nowadays and can and do travel more-- Hence come in contact with them more frequently.

An older woman theoretically has more experience and might catch on quicker or might know the deal and end it sooner.

I'm still waiting for that woman's book to be published on sankies. As soon as it does I'll let everyone know. I haven't forgotten.

The bottom line is they are SLUGS.

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
I am going to have to conclude that the previous posts use of "statistics" was a bogus stunt used to bolster his/her argument. I am calling your bluff. Show me where you got your stats. Not to say I don't agree with most of the opinions I read. I am just saying that you went overboard and are generalizing and stereotyping. And you are using stats that I am almost certain you never read. Go ahead and say "you don't live here". I know, so tell me how to get my hands on those stats.

An article written in Rolling Stone magazine highlighting female sex tourism in Jamaica and another one from Vanity Fair magazine on the western coast of Africa and the boom in sex tourism between male africans and western european white women.

These articles had pictures of the women posing with their boyfriends and the stories were told from both sides.

What I said were not statistics per se, as there is no way anyone can obtain firm numbers on actual sex tourism. I never claimed I had concrete numbers and never quoted numbers. These were generalizations made by the writers of these two articles.

Now if you need to read those articles because you don't believe a word I say do the research yourself at your local public library. The information is there, go look for it.[/QUOTE]

Just like my lovely President. Just say "research shows" and assume people will believe you. I shouldn't have to do any further research because you said you had the stats. Of course you can't obtain firm numbers on sex tourism...and comparing the behaviors of Jamaicans and Africans to Dominicans just doesn't work. All people of African origin aren't the same. I just wanted to read your excuse for citing research in your post. "Just go to your local public library." is a device I also use for my students when they ask me a question for which I don't know the answer.

Bottom line is that SOME hotel workers are up to no good and SOME white women from the west on vacation are looking for some interracial excitement. It happens SOMETIMES. That does not shock or interest me a great deal. What interests me is why would some women who had their heart broken spend so much time venting over past dating mistakes under the guise of "helping others"? Did it hurt that bad? Didn't some of you realize that it may not be a smart long term decision? Its kind of like having a thread where people talk about getting fat after eating ice cream 3 times a day for a month. Get over it. Its the healthy thing to do.

In the US we have no shortage of relationship experts in pop culture (Oprah, Dr. Phil, Cristina etc.etc.) It hasn't stopped our divorce rate from staying around 50 percent (a real stat). People are going to do what they are going to do. Especially when they are lonely. So, call a spade a spade. Just admit you were hurt and move on.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think we do it because we are amazed that another human being could do this and we want to tell another woman about it to warn her so it doesn't happen to her.

Women do these things. We are different than men. Men don't care. If a man gets ripped off by a whore he might tell his buddys but that's about it. He moves on. He'll go on to the next whore and be more careful.

Women will put up websites, tell all the women she knows. If she could, she would organize a protest outside the resort will all his other victims.

We are outraged that someone could do this to us!

We are different. This is why we lament and have 5,000 posts and you guys say.....

F*uck the broad there will be another one... and you move on.

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
I think we do it because we are amazed that another human being could do this and we want to tell another woman about it to warn her so it doesn't happen to her.

Women do these things. We are different than men. Men don't care. If a man gets ripped off by a whore he might tell his buddys but that's about it. He moves on. He'll go on to the next whore and be more careful.

Women will put up websites, tell all the women she knows. If she could, she would organize a protest outside the resort will all his other victims.

We are outraged that someone could do this to us!

We are different. This is why we lament and have 5,000 posts and you guys say.....

F*uck the broad there will be another one... and you move on.

This post was very helpful, made me think, and I agree. I sincerely was confused about the popularity about this thread and general topic. A moment of clarity on a sleepy Saturday morning. Thank you for your honesty. I'm kind of embarassed to be a married man almost 40 years old and still don't fully understand women. You're right. My male friends and myself have had many hilarious discussions in bars about our DR war stories. (we have told the story a thousand times about the girl in Boca Chica who pulled a screwdriver on my friend because he refused to pay her). Dealing with those "wanna be" con artists was funny to me. I guess it is different being over there as a woman. Venus and Mars.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
aimelove, this Sankie Forum was created as a result of having these stories all over the board for years. It was also created to provide info on what to watch out for but unfortunately many find this website after they are hooked.

The difference between men and women is that men are approached as "pay for play" and women even the young and pretty ones are approached with " we'll live happily ever after and have babies together"

If it was only about sex tourism where the women go to find sex and pay for it and go home we could care less and wouldn't even be talking about it. But these women are conned into believing they are loved and adored when these sankies are doing this to every bus load of women that arrives each and every week.

The really sad part is that no matter how many women post about their experience no one is listening because that can't be about "my guy", my guy is different.

Men are victims of fake love as well but we know men don't write about these things. They like to write about all the good girls :rolleyes: they have conquered for a meal or two ;) and how they know where and how to get girls that are not in the puta business and all the other men say what a stud he is and pat him on the back for learning the ways of screwing the so called good girls without paying up front for it. :laugh:

Ok enough out of me.

2leftfeet..good post

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sankies choose victims based on a number of critieria. Sometimes they place bets with co workers on who can get the "pretty young gringa" and sometimes they take what is available.

It is usually about "neediness" or "vulnerability" and that has no age / size / colour barriers!

And just a note to the poster who said - she fits in - with Dominicans. Don't fool yourself they know you are a gringa regardless of your colour! You are a gringa if you are NOT from here.

To the OP there is no comparison to North America. IF there was it might look like this - you go into McDonalds and the nice young buff guy behind the counter looks you up and down as you approach. He gives you a 100 watt smile and asks if he can help you. You order and he offers to "supersize it for you - at no cost of course. He is in tight with the manager and he can do this.... AS you pay him his hand brushes yours..... He looks at you and says - wow, I"ve never felt this way before. When you get your meal, he takes a break and joins you at the table....... Before you leave he has professed his undying love for you............... etc.

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
Ok. I'm confused again. Another person is trying to generalize and classify all male hotel workers like animals in the wild. I am a guy. EVERY GUY HAS A DIFFERENT APPROACH WHEN THEY ARE INTERESTED (real or fake) in a woman. Dominicans are no different. You can't be succesful with women by staying within some stereotypical role that every one in your profession plays. The other person has to believe that you are being yourself.

As far as the guys betting on who they can conquer. I used to look forward to parent night at my school because of meeting all of the hot single mothers in the school community. A few other male teachers felt the same way. If you bet with another guy that you are going to "pull" a woman, it never works. Its bad luck and real childish. Real ladies men move in silence.

Everybody is different.
I try to use humor and wit, one of my friends stays impeccably dressed and
in shape (a pretty boy), another one asks weird off the wall questions to test a woman's sense of humor. Saying that all of those guys act alike is inaccurate. Everybody has their own game.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You are confusing decent Dominicans and other humans with sankies that's the problem.

Read some more you'll get it sooner or later. BTW sankies are not just in resorts.

A sankie is a scammer, con artist, gigolo and no decent Dominican can be described as a sankie.

It's not about getting the girls, it's about conning the girls. I'm sure no matter what your approach was it was never to scam anyone was it?

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Differences in DDD's

...What are the comparisons one could make with North America to make us understand how a resort worker is so different from the average Dominican?...

I don't get it, why would one be interested in that?
Each individual is different, this goes for the DDD's, too. :cheeky:

So what's the use of comparing?
Isn't it a bit like finding the differences between - let's say- a redneck and a NYer?

Janin

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Aimelove - they are only interested in the scam. You are not talking about guys interested in a woman - they are looking for victims. They do have slight variations but believe me the theme remains the same. AnnaC is right, read lots more........ You will quickly see what we are referring to.

And sankies aren't just hotel workers - and not all hotel workers. They can also be taxi drivers, sales people on the beach, waiters in the clubs etc etc. It is anyone with access to tourists! And they have ulterior motives and will say and do what is necessary to get what they want.

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
I don't get it, why would one be interested in that?
Each individual is different, this goes for the DDD's, too. :cheeky:

So what's the use of comparing?
Isn't it a bit like finding the differences between - let's say- a redneck and a NYer?

Janin

The reason I asked was because I have read many posts on DR1 where resort wokers, (not specifically) sankies, are refered to as "the lowest of the low" in DR society. Some of these posters have also written that a decent Dominican would never date a resort worker. Thus the reason for my question on making a comparison.

Thanks Planner for your post. I loved the McDonalds analogy..lol;)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I think we all need another shot of honesty here (Berzin and Anna's points seem to have worn off)

qt, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but your posts seem to suggest you're just another of the legions of post-How Stella Got Her Groove Back women who have come to a third world country looking for "fun" and got caught up.

I know every woman wants to think her sankie is somehow different from the rest of the con artists. It's kind of like how back in the states, the girl picks the "bad boy" or athlete or entertainer under the pretense that you're not a groupie, he looks at you differently than all the other women, and besides, "you just don't know him like I do."

Sure, we know him. The sankie, just like the bad boy, is the worst possible thing for you. He'll cheat you, con you, hurt you, and leave you by the side of the road as an emotional basket case. Your friends and family told you that. So did his friends. And deep down inside, you knew it, too.

But you looked the other way, because he made you feel alive. He danced with you, took you places you had never been, fawned all over you, and made you feel special. Never mind the fact that the overwhelming majority of women you see running around with these guys are older, heavier, pale as a goth rockstar, and have nothing (other than your libido) in common with him, this could be something special.

And if you feel special, then he must be special, right? And if he is special to, then you start wondering whether this fantasy could be coming true....

Then you get home, expecting to continue to feel that way, and suddenly you notice that the phone, when it rings, only has that guy who wants to eat at Chili's, if he calls at all. The tan tight twenty year old body has been replaced with some bald fat guy who is as pale and bloated as you are.

And hey, where did all the surf, sand, and rum go?

Then he calls. And that, my dear, is what brought you here.

Be upset that he's like most other caribbean resort workers. Be dismayed that he didn't see you for the incredibly special person you think you are.

But whatever you do, don't be surprised.