Need Help!! Going to Punta Cana

jessica_87

Sep 9, 2007
Hi everyone,

3 Girlfriends and I are heading down to Punta Cana for our next vacation. I've been to Cuba and Mexico before, but not the Dominican Republic yet. I want to know if someone can help me with information regarding excursions and what they are going to cost. Also, I want to know any interesting things that we can do there. Any other information that you can give me would be awesome!

Thank you

Jessica from Toronto

Feb 7, 2007
Isla Saona and Altos de Chavon, maybe a horseback riding and 4 wheel safari in Higuey, Santo Domingo city tour.

Colonial Tours and Travel does excursions, they are a big agency, check their website to have idea about prices. it is not necessary that you use them, but on their website you can check out what's on offer and how much it costs.

Reservation Excursions, Tours Dominican Republic

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
Punta Cana

Jessica,

Do as much research on excursions before you travel. Punta Cana is beautiful, however somewhat isolated. Just one all-inclusive resort after another. No town to speak of. The resorts generally want you to stay put and not venture out. If they do encourage you to venture out it is through them. They generally charge higher prices for excursions.

There are other options though. PM me if you are interested.

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
marinarium tour in punta cana is SOOO MUCH FUN! It can easily be confused with the Carribbean Festival (you get to swim with sharks and stingrays on both), but the Marinarium tour is more of a party atmosphere and the Carribbean Festival packed everyone on a boat and I mean PACKED --- so uncomfortable and then you had to take motorboats to get onto that boat. Marinarium seemed more comfortable and the staff more livelier...even made some friends! Saona Island tour is beautiful too, but a far drive and takes up a whole day. Glad I saw it though.