Questions to the latinos :)

imacinit2

Sep 6, 2007
Ok I'm 21 and very new at this whole Latino thing seeing I was born and raised in Vermont, a small town with very little diversity.
We are home to the Vermont Lake Monsters a division of the Washington Nationals and that?s were it all started.

I met him in an odd way and I now, looking back on it, should have looked at the beginning signs. He was something I have never seen before, strong, handsome and spoke like a god. He moved like no other and fulfilled something in me that no regular American could or has ever done. He knew what I was thinking and what I wanted to be told. Last summer, I was his amor and he was mine. But once the season was over and it was his time to go home, I thought it could work, long distance. He left in Sept and I flew him back here to visit me in November for a month and that?s when weird things started to happen. I know most of the forums say that everyone is different and it?s hard to say the Dominicans are all unfaithful but its hard to believe from what I have noticed. He came back and started to take phone calls, excusing himself, going into the bathroom and talking quietly. My number was originally under Mami then when he came back he had Mami dos listed, a little odd. Shortly after I vacationed in the DR to visit him and other people I knew. I was no longer under Mami, I was listed as EL NINO...which i believe means child? odd. Hence, things didn't work out and I was crushed. I loved him so much. Now the new crew came to VT and I became friends with them and they were no different. My eyes weren't blind any longer and noticed the real them. They had way more girlfriends calling them one after another saying to them all, te amo mami, te falto, your the only one. Most of them hit on me while talking to them on the phone. I had one discussion with one of them asking why they do these things, which i still don't understand which is why I would like someone to explain their culture in the Dominican and how they become like this. Is this what they are taught at a young age by their parents? Are they their role models? Anyways, he said that until they find the right one that satisfies them in bed and in person they play round with as many as they can. Which to me is a walking STD. Anyone have anything to add or comment? I am really really interested in the culture. I am in no means accusing them of anything because its what they are accustomed to. Half of them accuse me of cheating and that?s because they prob have found themselves in situations where the women cheat just as much. I absolutely find their culture amazing and beautiful. The music, food and people are awesome. LATINO FLAVA is what they say they have and American men don't. I agree. :cheeky:

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
It is a male dominated society. Women are treated as possesions.
Learn the words CHULO and CHULA.
THEN U WILL DO FINE.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Always and I repeat always play it safe and insist on safe sex. He is just a man from a different culture who wants to have fun. Enjoy the ride while you are young and don't get to wrapped up into him. Just play it safe in every way possible.

:chinese:

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
It has several meanings like any word. It can mean pimp, whore, sexy, etc. when you come you will learn. But, look it up.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Always and I repeat always play it safe and insist on safe sex. He is just a man from a different culture who wants to have fun. Enjoy the ride while you are young and don't get to wrapped up into him. Just play it safe in every way possible.

:chinese:

This is terrible advice. This person is not enamored of Dominican culture because lets' face it, Vermont is a nice place but it is very homogeneous.

Her problem is she is a baseball groupie, and has a typical white girl obsession with latin/black athletes.

In other words, it must be really boring in Vermont.

What she needs to do is get out more. I have seen this before. I've been playing basketball for quite some time and whenever we'd go visit an out of the way school the black players always got phone numbers of plenty of white girls.

She already has a fixation on dominican men, just re-read her post and see how she refers to them. This fixation is obviously sexual in nature...

"He was something I have never seen before, strong, handsome and spoke like a god. He moved like no other and fulfilled something in me that no regular American could or has ever done."

Spoke like a God-
He moved like no other-
Fulfilled something in me that no REGULAR american could or has ever done.

Now she wants to know where she fits in the pecking order. Dominican ballplayers have a reputation almost as bad as sankies in this regard.

They have girlfriends all over the place, and it has more to do with women like you holding them up to God-like status than it being a cultural thing that they fool around so much.

Behind your back they are all laughing at you, because let me tell you what these ballplayers think of you-

To them you are just another easy white girl who will worship the ground they walk on.

Stop being a groupie and if you are really interested in the culture(which seems doubtful) go there and hang out with regular dominicans, not ballplayers.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Awesome

... I absolutely find their culture amazing and beautiful. The music, food and people are awesome.

Hmm, I always have a problem with the word 'culture', because in my mother tongue it's mainly used to describe the achievments of the fine arts and moral values of the society...

Well, in your case I do recommend that you relocate to this country and live this awesome, beautiful and amazing 'culture' to the fullest.

To prepare yourself you could read a few hundred threads in the living section.

Janin

mountain5

Feb 2, 2007
latinos...

Ok I'm 21 and very new at this whole Latino thing seeing I was born and raised in Vermont, a small town with very little diversity.
We are home to the Vermont Lake Monsters a division of the Washington Nationals and that?s were it all started.

I met him in an odd way and I now, looking back on it, should have looked at the beginning signs. He was something I have never seen before, strong, handsome and spoke like a god. He moved like no other and fulfilled something in me that no regular American could or has ever done. He knew what I was thinking and what I wanted to be told. Last summer, I was his amor and he was mine. But once the season was over and it was his time to go home, I thought it could work, long distance. He left in Sept and I flew him back here to visit me in November for a month and that?s when weird things started to happen. I know most of the forums say that everyone is different and it?s hard to say the Dominicans are all unfaithful but its hard to believe from what I have noticed. He came back and started to take phone calls, excusing himself, going into the bathroom and talking quietly. My number was originally under Mami then when he came back he had Mami dos listed, a little odd. Shortly after I vacationed in the DR to visit him and other people I knew. I was no longer under Mami, I was listed as EL NINO...which i believe means child? odd. Hence, things didn't work out and I was crushed. I loved him so much. Now the new crew came to VT and I became friends with them and they were no different. My eyes weren't blind any longer and noticed the real them. They had way more girlfriends calling them one after another saying to them all, te amo mami, te falto, your the only one. Most of them hit on me while talking to them on the phone. I had one discussion with one of them asking why they do these things, which i still don't understand which is why I would like someone to explain their culture in the Dominican and how they become like this. Is this what they are taught at a young age by their parents? Are they their role models? Anyways, he said that until they find the right one that satisfies them in bed and in person they play round with as many as they can. Which to me is a walking STD. Anyone have anything to add or comment? I am really really interested in the culture. I am in no means accusing them of anything because its what they are accustomed to. Half of them accuse me of cheating and that?s because they prob have found themselves in situations where the women cheat just as much. I absolutely find their culture amazing and beautiful. The music, food and people are awesome. LATINO FLAVA is what they say they have and American men don't. I agree. :cheeky:

Hi,
I agree with you that these men have something in the way they act that you wont find in Northamerica or Europe.But then you have to think about that they live another life than we do.Maybe they are poor but the life itself is a lot more easy going.
They are not taught by their parents to be dishonest and cheat.And it depends a lot if they are from a lower class or not.A lot of the young men from the lower class have seen how their dad acted.Although they mostly say that they dont wanna live the same life they still do.Because they dont know how to live a different life.But also the women to blame who go there to use these guys and then dump them.They experience that and then they think that all white women are like this.So they use us just the same way some of us do with them.Unfortunately the ones who get hurt are the ones who truly love them.
So, it is both.It is culture but also something they have seen when they start working in resorts.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Hi,
I agree with you that these men have something in the way they act that you wont find in Northamerica or Europe.But then you have to think about that they live another life than we do.Maybe they are poor but the life itself is a lot more easy going.
They are not taught by their parents to be dishonest and cheat.And it depends a lot if they are from a lower class or not.A lot of the young men from the lower class have seen how their dad acted.Although they mostly say that they dont wanna live the same life they still do.Because they dont know how to live a different life.But also the women to blame who go there to use these guys and then dump them.They experience that and then they think that all white women are like this.So they use us just the same way some of us do with them.Unfortunately the ones who get hurt are the ones who truly love them.
So, it is both.It is culture but also something they have seen when they start working in resorts.

Lets' not give the OP wrong information. This is about dominican baseball players and their interactions with their american girlfriends, not sankies who work in resorts.

You are wrong in everything you have stated. Please let people who know answer this question.

imacinit2

Sep 6, 2007
This is terrible advice. This person is not enamored of Dominican culture because lets' face it, Vermont is a nice place but it is very homogeneous.

Her problem is she is a baseball groupie, and has a typical white girl obsession with latin/black athletes.

In other words, it must be really boring in Vermont.

What she needs to do is get out more. I have seen this before. I've been playing basketball for quite some time and whenever we'd go visit an out of the way school the black players always got phone numbers of plenty of white girls.

She already has a fixation on dominican men, just re-read her post and see how she refers to them. This fixation is obviously sexual in nature...

"He was something I have never seen before, strong, handsome and spoke like a god. He moved like no other and fulfilled something in me that no regular American could or has ever done."

Spoke like a God-
He moved like no other-
Fulfilled something in me that no REGULAR american could or has ever done.

Now she wants to know where she fits in the pecking order. Dominican ballplayers have a reputation almost as bad as sankies in this regard.

They have girlfriends all over the place, and it has more to do with women like you holding them up to God-like status than it being a cultural thing that they fool around so much.

Behind your back they are all laughing at you, because let me tell you what these ballplayers think of you-

To them you are just another easy white girl who will worship the ground they walk on.

Stop being a groupie and if you are really interested in the culture(which seems doubtful) go there and hang out with regular dominicans, not ballplayers.

For one, I am not a groupie by any means, I don't follow baseball, hockey is my sport actually it just so happens that I roomed with a women last year who hosted them and the first guy I really loved never cared about baseball, most of the time I told him to quite, he didn't like it anyways. I encouraged him to go to college and find a job here and I would help him. I think my problem was that he was and most of them seem so passionate about where they come from, their food, family, music and its just nice to see that. Where I barely talk to my cousins and grandparents. I looked up to him and thats when i fell hard for him I guess, and I didn't understand why this happened to me. Thats all. I was naive, but I learned and I just like to see what everyone else has to say.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
For one, I am not a groupie by any means, I don't follow baseball, hockey is my sport actually it just so happens that I roomed with a women last year who hosted them and the first guy I really loved never cared about baseball, most of the time I told him to quite, he didn't like it anyways. I encouraged him to go to college and find a job here and I would help him. I think my problem was that he was and most of them seem so passionate about where they come from, their food, family, music and its just nice to see that. Where I barely talk to my cousins and grandparents. I looked up to him and thats when i fell hard for him I guess, and I didn't understand why this happened to me. Thats all. I was naive, but I learned and I just like to see what everyone else has to say.

Like many people I have noticed that your fixation with dominicans revolves around what you are lacking in own life.

Someone else's' culture isn't going to do that for you, because you will be prone to being used for the sake of finding that closeness that you so admire.

Especially by a dominican baseball player. What makes you think that he will embrace your culture and your way of doing things living in Vermont?

Do you know that many dominican baseball players are not very educated?

How well do you think thats' going to go over in an american college for him?

Why don't ask what these ball players wind up doing back home when they don't make it to the majors?

Now if you are prepared to relocate then you will have to deal with the machismo. You will have to put up with his drinking, his staying out all night and his womanizing, which you have already gotten a taste of and don't seem to mind.

If you are ready for all that, stop reading this thread and go to him.

Best of luck.

imacinit2

Sep 6, 2007
Like many people I have noticed that your fixation with dominicans revolves around what you are lacking in own life.

Someone else's' culture isn't going to do that for you, because you will be prone to being used for the sake of finding that closeness that you so admire.

Especially by a dominican baseball player. What makes you think that he will embrace your culture and your way of doing things living in Vermont?

Do you know that many dominican baseball players are not very educated?

How well do you think thats' going to go over in an american college for him?

Why don't ask what these ball players wind up doing back home when they don't make it to the majors?

Now if you are prepared to relocate then you will have to deal with the machismo. You will have to put up with his drinking, his staying out all night and his womanizing, which you have already gotten a taste of and don't seem to mind.

If you are ready for all that, stop reading this thread and go to him.

Best of luck.

Thank you and you know that's why I have read a lot of these forums. To educated myself, knowledge is power and I appreciate all. I just always tend to look at the potential in someone and I so badly just wanted to see him succeed in something he really enjoyed. I have never been cheated on or deceived, so it was the first real big slap in the face. I just now know to look for the red flags when they are waved. When I did travel to the DR to visit friends, that seemed to be a very popular lifestyle. Working only when needing money to party, like you said womanizing. It just opened my eyes a little further than they were. But I have to wonder if they all are like this, not just resort men, baseball men or even any sport related DR men. What about when they get to be in their 50's or 60's do they ever settle on one and want to share their life with just one special person, or do most find lying and being deceptive the lifestyle to envy?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thank you and you know that's why I have read a lot of these forums. To educated myself, knowledge is power and I appreciate all. I just always tend to look at the potential in someone and I so badly just wanted to see him succeed in something he really enjoyed. I have never been cheated on or deceived, so it was the first real big slap in the face. I just now know to look for the red flags when they are waved. When I did travel to the DR to visit friends, that seemed to be a very popular lifestyle. Working only when needing money to party, like you said womanizing. It just opened my eyes a little further than they were. But I have to wonder if they all are like this, not just resort men, baseball men or even any sport related DR men. What about when they get to be in their 50's or 60's do they ever settle on one and want to share their life with just one special person, or do most find lying and being deceptive the lifestyle to envy?

Maybe you should look for someone you have more in common with. Does it have to be a dominican?

It seems that you may be a little obsessed with dominican men for reasons that I already mentioned, and you have only been with this one guy.

Remember what comedian Chris Rock said-men are only as faithful as their options, and this applies to many dominicans.

So now that you have been told you can make up your mind if this is something you are willing to overlook.

imacinit2

Sep 6, 2007
Maybe you should look for someone you have more in common with. Does it have to be a dominican?

It seems that you may be a little obsessed with dominican men for reasons that I already mentioned, and you have only been with this one guy.

Remember what comedian Chris Rock said-men are only as faithful as their options, and this applies to many dominicans.

So now that you have been told you can make up your mind if this is something you are willing to overlook.

See just right there, that's the thing, we shared a lot of common things, he was passionate about learning and so was I. I brought him to college with me and we would sit side by side, him teaching me spanish and me teaching him english. We would go on walks together and I took him for his first time ever, sledding, which was amazingly funny to watch! We went to fairs, cooked together and even sang badly together in the shower. Laughed, cried and got mad together, but eventually it was his time to leave and I think he slipped back into his old ways in the DR because it was easier and is what he knows best. I gave up. Even though he and I got along so well. I guess most of my american boyfriends that I normally have had never played like he could. He could hold a purse and put my stiletto shoes on and make me laugh but for my past boyfriends it would be gay and they wouldn't be caught dead doing such a thing. I fell for him and for that I got hurt. But I've learned. and for that quote, that goes for everyone and I won't be hurt like that again and having step backwards this summer (like I said I room with a women who hosts boys) I didn't get involved with anyone just kept them as friends and being a friend had their advantages as I got to see what the boys do to the girls. The lists of phone numbers in their pockets, the phone card call after another, the te amos that were said again and again, the lies and besos and te falto. It was like I said....a real eye opener!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I'm not saying they all do it but many men from the Dominican Republic as well as other Latin American countries have mistresses. Many have 2 girlfriends. They don't settle down. Many visit prostitutes. Many wives/GF look the other way. They feel that "men will do what they will do". In many respects it's socially acceptable.

That's ONE of the reasons why you will find many Latinas dating white guys. They are usually more faithful. ( Less possesive and less jealous)

Men still rule the roost in the DR and they aren't going to let you forget it.

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
That's ONE of the reasons why you will find many Latinas dating white guys. They are usually more faithful. ( Less possesive and less jealous)

This sounds like a gross over generalization- if not outright ridiculous.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
I dont know about Latina's dating more white-anglos because of this, but I believe there is truth in what 2LeftFeet is saying. In GENERAL, AS A WHOLE, white american and canadian men (WASP`s for lack of a better term- no offense to any out there) are less possessive, less jealous and more faithful than Latino's.

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
I dont know about Latina's dating more white-anglos because of this, but I believe there is truth in what 2LeftFeet is saying. In GENERAL, AS A WHOLE, white american and canadian men (WASP`s for lack of a better term- no offense to any out there) are less possessive, less jealous and more faithful than Latino's.

But what is this statement based on? Are you a Latina who is dating white american/canadian men and it's been your experience that this is the case? Well, ok. That's your personal experience and opinion. But to generalize your opinion and experiences into such a blanket statement is unfounded.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
People generalize all the time based on experiences:
French people are rude...
Chinese people are bad drivers...

I didn't claim that this was based on scientific study.
I know a lot of latino's and I know a lot of WASP's
Maybe someone here has a different experience than me?