Hotel in San Jose de Ocoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know the name and posssbly the phone number for any hotels in San Jose de Ocoa? I have searched DR1 and all I found was some old references to a place called" Rancho Francisco". Besides that I have gotten some vague descriptions and mumbled directions from my rum-soaked panel of experts, but I was hoping to get a little better information before I headed up there. Any help that can be lent will be appreciated.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Would anyone know the name and posssbly the phone number for any hotels in San Jose de Ocoa? I have searched DR1 and all I found was some old references to a place called" Rancho Francisco". Besides that I have gotten some vague descriptions and mumbled directions from my rum-soaked panel of experts, but I was hoping to get a little better information before I headed up there. Any help that can be lent will be appreciated.
It's been a dog's age since I was there, but when I was, there was one cockroach hotel there, and nothing more.
Hopefully it has improved and modernized a bit.
Maybe there's even another one now.
I wouldn't expect to be finding a website, or anything.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Rancho Cascada

I also found a listing for a " Rancho Cascada" Dominican Republic, Rancho Cascada - Travel, Loding & Vacation which is mostly in german and deals in " Adventure Travel" with mountain biking and horseback riding. That's a bit more than I was looking for. Gira Dominicana - Rancho Cascada It is just outside San Jose de Ocoa on the Nizao River. I found an old reference to Rancho Francisco on a search in Google books and it mentions an olympic size pool, but that's all it says. It is said to be a very nice quiet town and worth a visit if I can keep from sleeping on the floor of the local pool hall.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Two blocks up from the main square you'll find a couple of guest houses that are clean and friendly. I've forgotten the names but ask at the square

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Rancho San Francisco

I saw this place last month- had a tour of the rooms - very clean, very nicely kept grounds - on the side of river bed but really no access to the river. Giant dining room. The place was completely empty when we were there - but the three swimming pools were all clean and bright - looks like a great place to stop BUT also looks like the place is packed on WEEKENDS and THERE WILL be music and dancing.... and we know what that means... so plan accordingly.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Rancho San Francisco

Thanks for the reply Mountainannie. I have not visited up there yet but I hope to in April. Do you have any other details on the rooms- size, price etc? I would be there midweek so it will be quiet and that is OK with me. Is the dining hall a restaurant or just for groups? I saw some info on it in a book recently but it only mentioned the pools. Thanks Brian

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
About 1000 pesos

I saw two rooms - one was a duplex with four or five beds for a family and the other a little double. Both were very clean. As I said, it was midweek and there was no one there - but they did say that all meals could be taken at the dining room.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Hotels Near the Park In Ocoa

I never did stay in San Jose de Ocoa on my first trip up there. I am thinking of going up for a few days in January for the Patronele of the Virgin Altagracia. I would like to find a small hotel near the park and reserve a room because rumor has it that it gets crowded during the Patronele. I read one story that the Hotel Mariel was closed last year to make a fruit market? Would anyone have a suggestion/ phone number for a hotel near the park? Hotel Balcon? Rancho San Francisco is outside the center and walking back at night might not be a great idea. Thanks for any help offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.