Hairdryer???

kel001

Sep 3, 2007
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if my hairdryer and straightners will work in my hotel as i've read somewhere that they wont because of the electricity supply or something? I just dont want to bring them with me if im not going to be able to use them.
Thanks

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
they should

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if my hairdryer and straightners will work in my hotel as i've read somewhere that they wont because of the electricity supply or something? I just dont want to bring them with me if im not going to be able to use them.
Thanks

i used both a hairdryer and a straightner their they worked fine...if u have curly hair make sure u bring a anti frizz serum...cause i know my hair frizzes like crazy there...and mine isnt that curly
tracy

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi,
Thanks

where are you coming from?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I live in the US, travel to different place in Europe and have tried using hair dryers I brought with me both from/to Europe and the US. They do not always work the same (much weaker sometimes) but it work in most cases. I would think that DR is using US electricity metrics so if you are coming from Europe the same would apply - your hair dryer might work but weaker.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Buy a blowdryer that has a switch for either 110 or 220. Take it with you wherever you travel and you'll never have a problem....unless there's an apagon ; ) They haven't invented battery powered dryers yet ; )

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Coming over from England. x

When we first visited for a holiday from England my hairdryer worked with the usual travel plug adaptor but my GHD straigteners needed the 220v power so wouldn''t work at the hotel but now that we live here we have the required 220v (when the mains power is on!)