Bavaro Splash- Caribbean Festival

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
Hi -
Has anyone done that tour? Its where you get on a boat and snorkel in two areas and get to swim with nurse sharks and sting rays- Was curious to know what people thought of it and the people that ran it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the bavaro splash is an older company, operating many years in the area, they run as a company different watersports activities, like parasailing, that mentioned caribbean festival snorkel trip and a speed boat excursion. they do their pick up by trucks, the same kind of truck beeing used on truck safaris, have frinedly staff, so if you want to do that kind of activity that company would be agood choice.
for the snorkel stuff there's also an other one, named the Marinarium, you'll find their representatives near the front desk area of the resorts, or ask your tour rep about them, it is also a several hrs excursion, pick up in airconditioned modern vehicles, their boats, i think it is 4 big catamarans at the moment they operate, are always up to date, they work really professional, snorkeling, animation, nurse sharks, stingrays aso.
have fun
Mike

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
marinarium vs carribean festival......marinarium was the best by far. staff was more fun and it was not as crowded as carribean festival

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
how crowded they are depends always at what time of the year you'll visit, during peak season they will all run their boats full, during low season like right now it is more quiet, less filled up.
have fun
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi lindajean,
it always depends during what time period of the year you visit our beautiful island, during peak season all those excursions will be crowded, right now we run the low season and all is more quiet.
i agree on your recommendation on the Marinarium, very professional, good service and lot of fun.
have fun
Mike

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
you are right. i went on the carribbean festival in january and then the marinarium tour in november. makes sense. still had a better time on marinarum :)