Sanky or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Hi! I'm new to DR1 (as of today) but have spent the past week reading the threads. And yes i am expecting a lot of criticism and backlash for my question...

From what I've seen thus far, sankies have only been classified as hotel/resort workers. Does the term apply to DR men who don't work in resorts?

Im another sucker for a DR man. I met a guy on vacation outside the resort at a restaurant, had a good time, spent the week with him and then went home. i never expected more from the situation nor did i think he did either. since then (almost a month), we've kept in touch, he calls, i call, we talk, getting to know each other blah blah blah. so far he hasn't asked me for a single thing. i'm under the impression he comes from a well-to-do family and is educated (which doesnt necessarily rule out being a sanky) and of course i get the i miss you, i want to be with you, im waiting for you, when can you come back, i want you as my girfriend, and he calls me his mama sotta (forgive the spelling if its wrong)...

He ''seems'' to be genuine but your forum makes me wonder...

And people please, if you're going to insult me for asking a simple question...dont bother replying. Im just wondering if there could be any truth to the matter. dont get me wrong, i am not going to put my life on hold for him or anything of the sort!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
La pobre.....

I am NOT touching this one!!.

At least NOT for now.

Darn work!!.

Btw: "mamasota" is used by someone who is a tiguere, ESPECIALLY when told to you by someone you met "yesterday"!.

Nuff said!.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Vacation + worker anywhere in the area + sun, moon and stars = SANKY

Do not spend more than a minimum effort to ensure you are "treated" right when you visit him next time.

He is looking to you as one of several (dozen???) possible avenues out of the DR where he will never be more than he is right now.

Why not date some waiters at restaurants in Canada or the US or the UK????

HB, trying to wake you up////????????????
Probably the first of several...you can be sure!

Nope, I was the third!!! Geezz guys you are fast with the fingers!!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Strange ..... must be something in the water, but recently there's an unusual increase in the number of sankie gringa postings. :ermm:

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Rocky...he used to work at a restaurant as a waiter in Puerto Plata. I know he doesnt work there anymore. (my FRIEND still works there) he mentioned that he isnt in a rush to find a job for the meantime. He is taking an advanced english class, mind you he speaks really good English as it is. he has family who live in Italy and some living in Toronto. Im not sure what exactly you want to know, but any info that can give you an idea, id be glad to provide you with! thanks!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky...he used to work at a restaurant as a waiter in Puerto Plata. I know he doesnt work there anymore. (my FRIEND still works there) he mentioned that he isnt in a rush to find a job for the meantime. He is taking an advanced english class, mind you he speaks really good English as it is. he has family who live in Italy and some living in Toronto. Im not sure what exactly you want to know, but any info that can give you an idea, id be glad to provide you with! thanks!!!
It's near impossible for us to give you a valid response, about being a sanky or not.
If he worked in a resort, then it's a million to one that he is.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
ShadinToronto - based on what ive seen you are always right there in the writers face insulting them!! is there a post you dont reply to?? your answers are the same even if the question is the same. you are quite unjust to judge every book by its cover.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Se jodio!!.

he mentioned that he isnt in a rush to find a job for the meantime.
^^^^^^MAGIC WORDS^^^^^^.

Poor soul, she is up for a VERY rude awakening!!.

Ok, NOW I am outta here!!.

Please be gentle with her UNTIL I get back, whahahaha!!.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
ShadinToronto - based on what ive seen you are always right there in the writers face insulting them!! is there a post you dont reply to?? your answers are the same even if the question is the same. you are quite unjust to judge every book by its cover.
My post was an innocent observation. If you've followed this forum recently, you will concur with my observation. However, I've seen far worse posts than mine.

I didn't judge you nor your 'friend', so please be calm 'cause 'you haven't seen anything yet' from my buddy or FIC as he is known here.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Tell him you have a problem and you need $200 US. Can he send it to you by Western Union? Then see what happens.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
he doesnt work in a resort and has never worked in a resort
(at least to my knowledge!)

who knows...i guess only time will tell. i dont consider this anything more than a budding friendship. i was just wondering...

AND...miguel the pobre would like to know what a 'tiguere' is

and to clarify it wasn't yesterday that i met him nor did he so soon use the term. like i said its been a month and its only just come up.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
he doesnt work in a resort and has never worked in a resort
(at least to my knowledge!)

who knows...i guess only time will tell. i dont consider this anything more than a budding friendship. i was just wondering...

AND...miguel the pobre would like to know what a 'tiguere' is

and to clarify it wasn't yesterday that i met him nor did he so soon use the term. like i said its been a month and its only just come up.
Like I said.
None of us can tell for sure.
The odds are against you unfortunately, and the only thing you can do is read and read through the sanky forums, and learn what mistakes, not to make.
A tiguere is a tiger, con, smooth talker, sneaky wise guy.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Shad - a simple...hes likely a sanky would suffice. i think ive made it pretty clear we talk. i had my fun there and didnt bring it back with me. im wondering for him more so than for myself. and its great to know that your friends are passionate about insulting people so freely. some of the stories ive read are very sad and embarrassing for most of the writers but there are plenty of posts on here about happy endings. (not alluding to a happy ending for myself, im just saying) i dont mind your comments, i take them like a grain of salt.

Sky - you comment cracked me up for real!!! i should do it!!! just for fun! LOL!!!!
i would probably laugh and call him crazy if he ever asked me for money!!!

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Rocky - thanks for the insight!

I will keep my eyes open...and procede with caution!
But like i said we're friends!
im only some 1000s of miles away, lol!!!

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Hes from a well to do family???? Works as a waiter???? What do you think everyone in DR is well to do if they have a job??? He is a sanky dont worry just enjoy the ride.

He may be a waiter now. I'm sure he was a dishwasher prior to that. The real question is would she date a dishwasher in her home country. I doubt it.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
words...

badpiece - you seem to not have read well. he comes from a well to do family. he has worked as a waiter. and in canada would i date a waiter, FOR SURE!!! they make more money than some people will make in their lives. as once again, my question has not been answered. i just keep being criticized!!! funny!!
i realize no one here can definitively say he is or isnt a sanky but is there any way he may not be a sanky??!! why waste time calling me ?? i only call back when i miss a call. and the odd occassion. otherwise he always calls!
do DR men ever form meaningful friendships??? My poor friend Marqui...far from a sanky but i bet youd all think he was!!!! hahahahhahahahah

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
badpiece - you seem to not have read well. he comes from a well to do family. he has worked as a waiter. and in canada would i date a waiter, FOR SURE!!! they make more money than some people will make in their lives. as once again, my question has not been answered. i just keep being criticized!!! funny!!
i realize no one here can definitively say he is or isnt a sanky but is there any way he may not be a sanky??!! why waste time calling me ?? i only call back when i miss a call. and the odd occassion. otherwise he always calls!
do DR men ever form meaningful friendships??? My poor friend Marqui...far from a sanky but i bet youd all think he was!!!! hahahahhahahahah

Can2Dom....its hard for people to answer your question about if he is a sanky or not. You are the only one that can answer that. Don't be taken in by the fact that he calls you all the time, hasn't asked you for anything, misses you , etc. Sankies are con artists, scammers and usually really good at their craft. So he could be ( and I'm not saying he is) doing just that, starting the con so before you know it you are believing his lies and stories.

You only spent a week with him, so how do you really know he comes from a good family? Do some investigating before you make your mind up completely.
Sankies will usually mirror what you say when talking to them so you will believe you both have the same values, interests etc. That's part of the con-making you believe you have a lot in common.

If red flags come up or you have a gut feeling about something, listen to it. Its usually right. Use your head and be careful. Listen to what people post on here regardless if you think its negative or not. Be open minded to responses.

My husband was a sankie and I found out the hard way. I brought him to Canada and 8 weeks after coming here he left. That was 1 1/2 years ago and
he hasn't spoken to me since then.
Sometimes you don't know their motives until its too late. Be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.