Golfers - You're Going to LOVE This!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Below is a link to a "beta" release to the golf site we have been working on.

All we have added are the course reviews and some basic info.
We still have lots of stuff to add in the coming weeks.
More reviews, info, golf real estate, tee-times, FEDGOLF stuff etc etc.

All initial reviews are by the same low handicap amateur golfer (Bo), Hillbilly and BushBaby know him. This approach was adopted so we would have "real world" benchmarks and consistent reviews of every major golf course in the Dominican Republic. The rating value is based on "Value for Money" score. This rating can go up or down depending on future submitted reviews by other golfers.

As you can imagine a few courses will not be happy as they didn't rate as good as their sales brochures :) We plan to regularly review and rate the courses and combine this rating with other golfers reviews.

Golf in the Dominican Republic

Please post your feedback in this thread and feel free to post your feedback and suggestions to make the site better.

I have no doubt this will be the #1 Golf site for the DR when we are done.

Enjoy!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
All initial reviews are by the same low handicap amateur golfer (Bo), Hillbilly and BushBaby know him. This approach was adopted so we would have "real world" benchmarks and consistent reviews of every major golf course in the Dominican Republic. The rating value is based on "Value for Money" score. This rating can go up or down depending on future submitted reviews by

he said it in his post, and amateur golfer(like most visitors of this bord are, i think that at least, no offence Tiger) named Bo made the initial reviews, so that one played the courses, and the rest will come up by the real travellers, like the reviews of a hotel, that's how the info/rating on a great bord like DR1 works.
cheers
Mike

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Who gave the star ratings then? Wouldn't you have to play a course to rate a course?

We sent someone around the country playing the courses.
We will continue to send the same person when new courses open and to periodically re-review courses. This way we hopefully remain consistent in our initial reviews.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I am not a golfer, but I have many inquiries from guests concerning area courses. I did a quick check of a few courses, and I am very impressed with the amount of work that went into this project! Well done! A fantastic addition to dr1!

Sep 19, 2005
ok......I have a comment......I love to golf , even though I dont do it that much anymore. Id love to go golfing on a trip to the DR one day...BUT......

heres the catch as i see it. How many vacationers BRING their clubs??? with the limit on baggage to these carribean destinations, bringing the clubs might not be an option with some airlines and will be an added exspense at other airlines. I mean golf bag full has to weight close to 70 -100 lbs alone!!!! then you have to pack your golf shoes, and your silly golf clothes(opps i didnt mean to say that out loud)

sooooo with golf clubs being so PERSONAL a thing for length and weight and brand...how does one rent clubs???

do these courses have loaner clubs???? and are they all beat to death????

ok just forget the remark about the clothes and answer my questions.... ha ha ha

is Robert going to have a similar site for "other vacation ACTIVITIES" and i'd like to see the fight for that jobs resident 'expert" status ha ha ha ha ha..

bob

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
don't know about the american planes but from europe many airlines bring your sporting gear(surfing, fishing, golfing aso) for free or for a small extra fee, so it does not count to your regular luggage weight.
Mike

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
You can check free two items that each weigh under 50 lbs.
That's 100 lbs. which is not bad at all.

Flying charter from Toronto we are allowed 22 kg/44 lbs total checked luggage, plus $10 per kg over.

Golf clubs and some other sporting equipment is exempt.
I load up my bag and case with other stuff too and never had any problem.

Skyservice Airline - [Flight Destinations, Flight Bookings, Arrivals/Departures, Planning Your Trip, Customer Service, Charter Sales]