where to pay electricty bill?

holita

Jun 6, 2006
I recieved my first factura. Last month, I paid at the edesur on Betancourt in Bella Vista. People tell me I can pay other places or even on line...but when I ask those said people for specifics, they said they do not know....

SO, anyone on here can help me? thanks;);)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think you can also pay in most banks, and in independent places like the little office on the 3rd floor of the Bella Vista Mall.

All this information should be on the back of the bill, including the website for online payments.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Pay your electric bill over the phone

The easiest and fastest way that I know about is to call the phone number on the back of your Edesur bill. (809-563-1844) They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They ask for the contract number. (It's in Bold and labeled NIC on the front right side of your bill beside your name).

Then, they will confirm the amount on the bill.

Then, they will ask for your credit card number and expiry date. (Mastercard or Visa).

Finally, they will give you a confirmation number that the bill is paid.

Usually this all takes about 2 minutes. I pay my bill this way every month and it has never been a problem.

For me, it is far better than driving to some Edesur office or bank and waiting in a long line. (The only bank that lets you pay your Edesur bill is Ban Reservas).

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Heythere, Thank yuou so much for the info. I plan to pay that way today. Perfect!

Just to anyone else out there....is there a website?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Empresa Distribuidora de Electricidad, S.A. :: Edenorte & Edesur but don't waste your time, I just checked and it is useless.

I looked on the back of my last bill and there is an e-mail address you can write to, sending your details and they send you your bill by e-mail: mifactura@edesur.com.do but not sure that there is an online payment mechanism. I might try it myself to see if it actually works because we don't always get the bill delivered.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The easiest and fastest way that I know about is to call the phone number on the back of your Edesur bill. (809-563-1844) They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They ask for the contract number. (It's in Bold and labeled NIC on the front right side of your bill beside your name).

Then, they will confirm the amount on the bill.

Then, they will ask for your credit card number and expiry date. (Mastercard or Visa).

Finally, they will give you a confirmation number that the bill is paid.

Usually this all takes about 2 minutes. I pay my bill this way every month and it has never been a problem.

For me, it is far better than driving to some Edesur office or bank and waiting in a long line. (The only bank that lets you pay your Edesur bill is Ban Reservas).
Light dawns on Marblehead!

I never thought of that. I have been to Edesur in la Feria twice in the last week and walked right out because of the fila.

It is nice to have wicked smart people post once in awhile. :laugh:

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
You can also pay at almost any pharmacy, certainly all of those in the Farma X chain and others - they are directly on-line to the EDESUR system and you don't have to stand in line for hours like at the EDESUR office.

As far as paying by VISA credit or debit card is concerned - international cards (i.e., those issued through an overseas bank) are not accepted

Last edited: