The Kids of Macao say GRACIAS!!!

Sunscape Mike

Jun 1, 2007
Good afternoon everyone! This morning I had the honour of being joined by some of our guests , as well as my fellow employee James Berryman as we set out in a taxi van with a load of school supplies to assist 2 local rural schools. Both schools are relatively new...well kept and tidy...but lacking in what children need for a good education....supplies!
We are commited to assisting the local and distant schools and communities in this country and we can only do it through your generousity! I would like to personnaly thank Marilyn Berkinski...who accumulated over a 1000 individual items to be distributed in aid of children?s ongoing education!

Cheers to all of you who have contributed to this project!

Making Students Happy!!!! - a photoset on Flickr

Sunscape Mike

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Details, brother-DETAILS!!!!

Please let us know what supplies are needed the most, where to go to drop the stuff off and whom do we speak to once we are there?

Lovely pictures and I commend you for what you are involved with!!!!

Definitely a worthy cause!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
great job Mike,
that's the way i know you and that's the way to really help the kiddies.
no talking, just doing.
congrats.
like you know i am closing my negociations with the new business stuff, it includes Vans for the transportation of my clients, the next time you transport supplies to a school just drop me a call, you don't need a cab, i provide that.
the same if you have to pick up stuff at the resorts here in my area which i know are sometimes a bit far from your home resort.
keep it up
Mike

Sunscape Mike

Jun 1, 2007
Sounds great Mike...will do!

One thing that niether school we went to had...was chalk for the boards. I never thought of that and tomorrow I am venturing into Higuey to pick some up for them. Also...things non educational such a a few mops and cleaners...as the kids tend to track alot of yard dirt in with them!

What was encouraging to me, was to see as many children attending...the room was full...quite a contrast to a few years ago!

Chhers from the Beach

Sunscape Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Count me in too if ever you need help in the Punta Cana area. My car isn't big but it can handle a couple of boxes... In Punta Cana what we do every year is the company sends out a list of the low-income families that need help and anyone who wants can donate money to help buy a certain kid's books. I can personally say that it feels great to be able to do that kind of thing and all it takes is 2 minutes to fill out an authorization form (and a bit of scrimping on expenses for a month...)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Kate,
great. where are you living/working here in the area?
Mike: i'm up in the bavaro area by noon tomorrow and will stay for the afternoon to do some stuff at different spots around the corner area.
drop me a call when you're close, we don't have to drop all details on the board, but we have to keep it up, there are many people on the DR bord interested in what you are doing there, and lots want to give a hand.
Mike

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Count me in...

Congrats for the great work that you are doing....My friend and I are moving to the Bavaro area in 2 weeks to work as reps...but would also like to contribute to the community in any way....Please PM info on how I xan help and become a part of your great efforts !

Kind regards all !

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Kate,
great. where are you living/working here in the area?

I work at PUNTACANA Resort & Club and live in Punta Cana Village. Right now I'm on vacation in Canada but I'll be back next week. I know several people with vehicles also who would probably be willing to help too... hope I don't get there too late!!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Kate,
it's never too late for anything.
i am sitting with Sunscape Mike at the corner bar right now disussing any stuff.
we will bring something up on that, you're always welcome.
let's meet when you're back, i am myself often at the Punta Cana Resort & Club down at the Marina.
Mike