Taxi in PP & Sosua

katch

Sep 6, 2007
How hard is it to get a taxi/motoconcho at night when the clubs and bars close around midnight? Do you have to make previous arrangements or can you hire one on the spot? I assume nobody walks back to their place even if its a few blocks away. Thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
How hard is it to get a taxi/motoconcho at night when the clubs and bars close around midnight? Do you have to make previous arrangements or can you hire one on the spot? I assume nobody walks back to their place even if its a few blocks away. Thanks.
Like Badpiece said, you'll have no problems at that hour.
There are so many conchos around, you have to beat them off with a stick.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The only problem that will occur must be when the "lobos" (conchos) understand he dont know 100% what to pay for the ride. :pirate:

Hehehe

I never pay more than RD20 during the day, and RD30 at night!
Well...... maybe a little more if I am "sharing the ride".
It's also not a bad idea to make friends with one or two, and stick with the same moto during your stay. They often have cell phones.

tambo'

katch

Sep 6, 2007
Late night taxi or concho

Sure keeping in touch with a couple of drivers/riders is a good idea. Although if there are plenty around, with some OK spanish things shoud be smooth. At any rate, this is a cheap ride; 100 pesos max with a guest is almost too much.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
20-30 pesos ? wow i guess i overpay (100 pesos) but at the same time i usually keep the same moto guy at night and he's around during the day if i call him to "joyride" to look at the eyecandy :laugh:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
20-30 pesos ? wow i guess i overpay (100 pesos) but at the same time i usually keep the same moto guy at night and he's around during the day if i call him to "joyride" to look at the eyecandy :laugh:
It depends very much on the distance.
You might not be overpaying.
For instance, if you're going from Playa Dorada at night time, to the center of POP, or vice versa, it's worth the 100 pesos.
As well, there's nothing wrong with taking good care of a concho driver who takes good care of you.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
very true.
for the OP, i've always walked around sosua at night back to my hotel, being careful of course. i will also say that some nights i didn't have a "good feeling" in the streets and i took a moto only 3 or 4 blocks.
take the concho and then you'll have no regrets....

katch

Sep 6, 2007
I agree with Rocky, there is nothing wrong with taking good care (i.e a few more pesos) with a concho driver who cares good care of you.
I think it's worth it and as Kyle wrote it "you'll have no regrets..."

Your words speak wisdom.