Rules for posting in Mars/venus/sankie forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Before posting know that the name of the country is " The Dominican Republic" or the DR for short.

1. While debate and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts with no purpose.
2. Posters should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing other posters in any way will lead to your posts being deleted.
3. Please stay in line with the topic being discussed and remember religion and race is off limits.
4. Spam posts will be deleted as well as asking where to play for pay.
5. If you are not sure of anything, feel free to ask the moderator first via a private message.
6. While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. We reserve the right to change our minds about anything to ensure that these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
7. Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself. Show respect to others and you will be respected.
8. Keep it Dominican Republic related.
9. Posting other people's horror stories never helps anyone, so don't bother unless it's your own and you can pm the OP with that.

10. Don't ever take it personally. It is only a board and not life and death.

11. And finally, threads asking or discussing resorts, resort workers or anyone by name (in order to gain info about a person) will be deleted.

We have plenty of info here on DR1 to determine for yourself what kind of person you are involved with.

Thanks to Chris for most of these rules

threads asking where to find working girls and how much they charge will be deleted.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Would it be safe to say that some posters have been out of line, lately?

If I may, I would like to take this opportunity to voice my opinion.

The sanky forum is often perceived as a bit of a clown bin, as some of the posters say clown like things, but it may be in fact, the most helpful forum on DR1.
When you save another poster from making a mistake, you're saving a person from a grave mistake, with incredibly costly repercussions.
This is not to be compared to when we manage to save another member from overpaying his motoconcho.
This is serious stuff.

Without Annac, this forum would be a disaster.
There are limits to how much time she can devote to DR1.
It's not as if she's salaried to do so.
Furthermore, she has to deal with more grief here, than any other forum.
Having met her and got to know her, I know for a fact, that she's a woman with a great big heart.

Let's show Anna the respect she deserves.
We don't want to lose her.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I think these rules are good and people should go with them. If the board is to be kept reasonably clean they make sense.

Freedom of speech? As long as you talk about Dominican Related stuff and keep it clean. Do remember, this is a privately owned board. A stack of insults has been floating around lately and it is not a pleasure for the readers that visit the board.

I for one am weary of posters writing stuff like 'fat Canadian whale chick' or call other posters stupid or fight just for the sake of fighting. I'm weary of seeing the women that come on here being demeaned. They may well need a slap upside the head, but surely one can say what you want to say without being offensive. It becomes more of a challenge, but it is surely possible.

Come-on, we're in a new era now - can we make a kinder and gentler women/men and sankie forum? Something that actually helps people instead of demeaning people?

Status
Not open for further replies.