Tourist Visa Question (alemania)

FRANKFURT

Sep 25, 2007
First of all, this is my first post and I like to use this opportunity to greet all of you and to tell you that your input in this forum is truly appreciated by those of us seeking information about beautiful Quisqueya. (Quisquella la bella).

My name is Frank native of Puerto Rico but for professional reasons I reside in Germany

Here is my question:

My fianc?e and mother of my daughter recently visited me in Germany. She requested and was issued a 6 Month Multiple Entry ?C? Type Visa which expiries in December 2007. The duration of stay is limited to 30 days. The visa was issued by the German Embassy in Santo Domingo.

Does anyone knows if this visa is limited to 30 days total or is it a 30 days per visit until the visa expires?

I will truly appreciate any information regarding this issue.

Frank

Feb 7, 2007
On visas, the duration usually refers to each stay, but double check with German embassy in Santo Domingo.

FRANKFURT

Sep 25, 2007
Thanks RH

We did just that and was told by the embassy that her 25 day visit is part of the 30 days and that if she wants to come back to Germany, she only has 5 days left on her visa.

I think that the intent of this visa is to make the trip anytime within 6 month but only for 30 days. We were just hoping to hear a different interpretation of this multiple entry, 6 Month, not to exceed 30 days C type, visitors visa.

If anyone else has similar issues please let me know.

Thanks in advance.