Any flights between Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Caribe tours runs an express bus service and its only 4 hours...and very cheap! I have found it to be very comfortable and one can sit back and relax.

PS SDQ and POP each only have 1 airport, Las Americas in SDQ and Gregorio Luperon in POP

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Caribe tours runs an express bus service and its only 4 hours...and very cheap! I have found it to be very comfortable and one can sit back and relax.

PS SDQ and POP each only have 1 airport, Las Americas in SDQ and Gregorio Luperon in POP

drloca,

Actually Santo Domingo has two airports; SDQ - Las Americas and JBQ - La Isabella.

Gregg

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I got a quote from Carribean Jet I think about 6 months ago and the price was $450 US return. Take the bus. It takes a long time, but if you can spare the time, you will see a nice cross section of the country. The coaches are comfortable and very inexpensive

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A four hour bus ride is really not that long when you consider even the shortest flight is three hours from the time you enter airport A and leave airport B.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Good Point

A four hour bus ride is really not that long when you consider even the shortest flight is three hours from the time you enter airport A and leave airport B.

I agree although it really took me much longer than 4 hours. I lived in Juan Dolio at the time so I had to take a bus to Santo Domingo and a taxi to Caribe tours and then the Caribe Tour bus I took stopped everywhere! I didn't see any express busses leaving at the time I was there...door to door it took almost 7 hours. The bus left at noon and I was in Puerto Plata by 5:30. I suppose an express bus would take 4 hours. My advice to the OP is to take an express bus if there is one.

Here is their website Caribe Tours C. Por A.