Taina Mirabal

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know about this Domincan director? She has made a movie about the DR in NY and has some really nasty stuff, and quite ridiculous, to say about the DR and it's history. To equate Duarte with the Klu Klux Klan is as absurd as anything I've have heard. Apparently she has never been to the deep south and talked to any rednecks.

bilijou

Jun 13, 2006
She's been making a lot of noise. Does anybody know if she has any relationship to the Mirabal sisters?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Now that is what I call a woman with a HUGE chip (no, not you) on her shoulder.

Wow, Duarte a racist, that's a new one. He was such a racist that he formed an alliance with two other men, one white and another mulatto, to lead for the independence of the Dominican Republic.

Duarte was such a racist that he once said:

"Unidad de las razas Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos."

He probably was the biggest racist of all. :cheeky:

And the flag, oh the flag!

Since the day the country was founded, the Dominican flag has always meant the following:

Red = the blood spilled by the liberators and defendors of the country
Blue = the ideals of progress and liberty
White = peace and union united by the cross which touches every aspect of the flag including the squares and the national coat of arms in the center, it also represents the Cristian faith under which the country was founded.

-NALs

Last edited:

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Como dice mi mama...ya la gente no sabe lo que se va a inventar para robar dinero de los otros.

translation : My mom says that "People don't know how they will go about robbing others."

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Como dice mi mama...ya la gente no sabe lo que se va a inventar para robar dinero de los otros.

translation : My mom says that "People don't know how they will go about robbing others."

Glad to see you are considerate of those who cannot read Spanish. Bravo:cheeky:

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Yes, she made lots of noise! Her company was the one encharged of posting Duartes pictures with the word racist on it all over the subway in NY. They did it for a week or so; there was a very big deal going on trying to find out who was doing it.

She made this stupid movie, she wanted some atention and she's got it! But that shows how low one can go to make a name in life! She has to denigrate herself to get people's atention!

I went to the address listed on Beverly Blvd. here in L.A. and when I asked one of the people that I wanted to speak with her; they told me that all they did for her was promote her documentary.

It's very sad to have people like the many of you who aren't even Dominicans by blood; to stand tall in front of our beautiful island, history and beliefs; and to hear of people like Taina just trying to tear down so many years of history it is a blasfemy.

Perlanegra

Sep 20, 2003

The KKK poster was outrageous. How did she justify it?(or did she bother?) Can someone give a brief run down on what the articles say in English?

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
The Haitian moderator that jickacked the Wikipedia article on DR placed that same thing that this stupid bee itch is saying. That Duarte was " a racist and Trinitaria inspired the KKK".

After long protests by Dominicans, some other moderator ( Puerto Rican, I think), took it off. But still, the Article is still very biased and " Haiti-centric".

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Haitian moderator that jickacked the Wikipedia article on DR placed that same thing that this stupid bee itch is saying. That Duarte was " a racist and Trinitaria inspired the KKK".

After long protests by Dominicans, some other moderator ( Puerto Rican, I think), took it off. But still, the Article is still very biased and " Haiti-centric".
It's amazing that at a time when the two governments of the island finally stop being at each others throat and are building good relationships that will lead to greater cooperation and progress in the future; now we have people trying to create more discord between these two countries AND, at the same time, disrespecting and attacking the very foundation of the Dominican Republic based on wishful thinking and lies!

Maybe Hispaniola is destined to always be an island in conflict between its two versions of it self, because when its not one thing creating discord and division its something or someone else!

-NALs:tired::ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The KKK poster was outrageous. How did she justify it?(or did she bother?) Can someone give a brief run down on what the articles say in English?

I'm sure she justified it with ignorance, like most people that criticize the DR without ever having lived here among the people. The problem is these people have an agenda and are willing to dismiss the obvious positvie racial relations here in the DR in favor of questionable and numerically minor racial instances. The fact is there are few countries in the world with a population as racially mixed as the DR. The true test of racism is the lack of intermarrying between races and few if any countries will have more intermarried couples (or common law) percentage wise than the DR (don't ask me for references, just come and live here and see for yourself).

I also believe Taina is Dominican because she calls Dominicans her "people". However, I believe she has been caught up in the unfortunate destructive American habit of being so focused on "where her ancestors came from", which in my opinion is every bit as racial as the Nazis. Sometimes I wonder if people can even see this.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
She did not say anything ridiculous!! She might be right!!

Really????!!!! Anyone who equates the KKK with the Trinitaria is obviously misinformed at best. Why would I know this? - well I grew up in South Carolina and I'm white and I'm well versed in what they believe and I'm even certain that I probably have known card carrying members. Believe me, they have about as much in common as night and day, sorry - nice try though.

chikivb

Sep 2, 2007
http://www.tonyconelpueblo.tv/noticias.php?topic=Internacional&id=75

Really????!!!! Anyone who equates the KKK with the Trinitaria is obviously misinformed at best. Why would I know this? - well I grew up in South Carolina and I'm white and I'm well versed in what they believe and I'm even certain that I probably have known card carrying members. Believe me, they have about as much in common as night and day, sorry - nice try though.

http://www.tonyconelpueblo.tv/noticias.php?topic=Internacional&id=75

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Why has he/she not commented negatively about S?nchez , Mella and Luper?n but only Duarte. Me thinks this person is the racist.