Will we be disappointed?

Redtop

Mar 19, 2007
Hi everyone,

We thought we were going to Punta Cana but unfortunately plans have changed and we probably will have to go to Puerto Plata. Will we be disappointed? Beaches still as wonderful? Snorkel opportunities?

Thanks for any input. We will be staying at the Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata Royal Club.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi everyone,

We thought we were going to Punta Cana but unfortunately plans have changed and we probably will have to go to Puerto Plata. Will we be disappointed? Beaches still as wonderful? Snorkel opportunities?

Thanks for any input. We will be staying at the Grand Flamenco Puerto Plata Royal Club.
I haven't been there myself, but I can tell you that although the Punta Cana beaches may be eternal and really pretty, your beach will be nice too, and you won't be isolated like in Punta Cana, so you'll be able to enjoy a whole bunch of activities outside of the resort area, and they would be at a fraction of the cost of tours in Punta Cana, as everything is so close.

Here's a thread you can glance at, about activities surrounding the Sosua area.
Sosua's 20 minutes from your resort.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua.html

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Been there about 3 times. You will like it. Big rooms, good service, clean, lots of activities and of course plenty of great food and drinks.
Almost forgot nice beach too.

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Rocky is right. The hotel is nice, the beach is nice, the food and drinks are good. But you will have proximity to some beautiful places!

Do some excursions, get out of the hotel, check out Puerto Plata, SOsua, Cabarete, the coastline, the waterfalls at Damajagua........ Lots of choice.

Go to Isaira Tours - Dominican Republic for descriptions of some of them.....