Animation Staff at Resorts

HeatherNic

Oct 1, 2007
Hi everyone! I am new on here, and I am wondering how much the animation staff at the resorts are paid per month, particularly at Viva Wyndham Playa Dorada. I have been there twice and so I have seen how hard the staff works and the long hours they put in, and I am curious to know how much they are paid for this.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It is probable that their pay would not cover your rent each month. The "benefits" referred to above are the possibilities of hitting on all those love starved tourists. These are the famous/infamous "sanky-pankies" of the Dominican Republic.

Like Ivory soap, 99.99% of them are looking to score with tourists: And 'score' means becoming friends (sex optional) in order to become better friends down the line and secure things like money, visa, sex, even marriage to a foreigner....anything to get out of the country.

Ploys include fabulous dance lessons, all expense paid tours of local hangouts, visits to their "family" so that their poverty levels can be impressed upon the visitor, and a whole host of other scams.

Please visit the Men are from Mars threads to see what I am referring to.

HB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
They will earn anywhere from 6,000RD to 10,000 RD per month plus the "benefits" referred to. Many get some form of accomodation supplied and at least 2 meals a day.

While some may appear to "work hard" many don't. They do at times put in long hours but that is often to get closer to their victims.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Nunnnnnca!!.

It is probable that their pay would not cover your rent each month.
"Probable"?. Are you kidding me?.

Well, unless their rent is about 200-250 dollars a month!!!.....

And if that's the case, PLEEEEEEASE tell me where "they"live and I will go buy 500 houses!!. Wahahahaha!!.

Btw: OP, PLEEEEASE tell me the "Nic" on your usersname stands for "Nicole" and NOT for someone you met there.

"Hidden agenda", anyone?.......

HeatherNic

Oct 1, 2007
Yes the Nic is part of my middle name, and not someone I met in the dr! I stayed for 3 weeks last summer so it was pretty funny to see the staff go from one girl to the next, basically the minute they left for the airport. Actually the reason I'm asking is because I am teaching a math unit and my professors always tell us to teach about social justice. I thought it would be interesting to talk about different wages people make around the world.