visa for Italy for dominican girl

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Does anyone have info on the chances of a dominican girl,young woman,getting a visa for italy?She is my wifes Prima,and met an italian and he wants her to visit.She asked me,but I cannot help her.I went on Italy web page,but it is confusing to say the least.DR1 should have answers ...
bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What about the Italian? Can't he help her? She's going to need all the help she can get because the consular section at the Italian embassy in SD is extremely unhelpful, even to its own citizens.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
What about the Italian? Can't he help her? She's going to need all the help she can get because the consular section at the Italian embassy in SD is extremely unhelpful, even to its own citizens.

I guess he can,but what are the odds of her even getting a visa even with his help.She is the Dominican with no job,no education,,etc,etc.You understand.
bob

Feb 7, 2007
Italy is a bit weird in the visa process, I have talked to one Italian a year ago who showed me all the papers that his GF needed, and there was even a sworn declaration that makes HIM criminally liable if SHE overstays.... brrh I wouldn't want to be an Italian inviting somebody over...

Feb 7, 2007
She might want to check visas for the EU and new Schengen-to-be countries (Czech Rep, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary) as they become part of Schengen as of 1/1/2008. If she gets, e.g. Polish tourist visa, she can then immediately travel Shengen-wise as of Jan 2, 2008, and go visit to Italy.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I met a French in Saudi Arabia two years ago some of his Italian friends had brought their girlfriends over to Italy. No problems getting a visa the problem started in Italy, all the girls to jail for travelling on false documents the Italians had to bail them out. The guys had managed to buy their girlfriends "visa" at Las Americas airport!! Bottomline, be careful.