Aproximate cost to rent?

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
can anyone tell me the going rates for renting an apartment in puerto plata area? A one bedroom, takes a small dog, a/c, safe area/laundry.......
thanks.
pm me !

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
It's really hard to give a rate because it varies alot...depending on many things.

I would say expect something between 4,000-12,000 pesos.

The best way to find good deals is to be down there in POP, and hopefully you will have some local friends who can help you search around and find a place where you won't be charged double for being a gringa ;)

Alot of times finding a great place at a good price is a matter of good timing and good luck.

Many times places that may seem great, can have disadvantages that you may not notice at first if you are not from the area. That's why it's important to have a local or someone very familar with POP to help you out!

Or if you find some places that you like, if you come back here, I'm sure you'll also get some feedback about the area...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Apartments will vary a great deal in price depending on location, furniture, utilities and who helps you find it.....

If you use an agent, their commission is factored in.

You need to decide what the most important things are to you! If you arrive in the cooler months, you may not need an air conditioner, fans will be good enough. Security should be a high concern.

I know of one bedroom apartments, furnished, TV, cable, electricity included but no a/c for 8,500RD in a good area, very safe.

But that may or may not still be available when you arrive

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
what about buying an apartment. one bedroom. what is the price range to buy an apartment in the puerto plata area.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Strongly suggest you rent before you buy, HoneyB. Things may not work out with your sank...I mean, your all true boyfriend.:tired:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Puerto Plata (city) is indeed still a difficult place to find a rental. If one uses a search engine "renta puerto plata", "alquileres puerto plata" you will mostly find properties in or around Sosua and Cabarete. The reason apparently being that, besides CostAmbar, this is still a very Dominican town as far as the residential aspect goes and Dominicans are not yet putting too much on-line.

You would find much more by just driving around and picking up numbers from signs. But then, I understand, you would have to live here to that, and to live here you would need a place to stay. Renting something on-line, WITHOUT knowing the region and the neighborhoods very well, may prove not so safe anyway. Maybe an approach is to stay short time somewhere... may even be Sosua... at a place like Rocky's and roam out from there.

Prices can range from RD$ 2000 for a Dominican style dwelling, with limited or occasional service of water and electricity and maybe phone and cable access (all not inclusive) to a couple of 100's USD for an Int'l grade place with almost constant water and electricity service available and unfeathered access to phone/DSL and maybe cable.

... J-D.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Buy!!!

Strongly suggest you rent before you buy, HoneyB. Things may not work out with your sank...I mean, your all true boyfriend.:tired:
Why rent? :chinese:

If I were her san.. aeh, boyfriend I'd strongly recommend buying.... :bunny:
Mi amorrrrrr, imaginat?, t? y yo.....

I hope, she'll buy.

And those are the mistakes this country lives on... :tired:

Janin