Please Some advice? any one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misuka

Apr 28, 2006
Hi there!!

Im wondering if i get my visitor visa to canada? can i get married? when i get there? if yes? where can i find more info about doing this and will i be able to have a residency?

lets see.....?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi there!!

Im wondering if i get my visitor visa to canada? can i get married? when i get there? if yes? where can i find more info about doing this and will i be able to have a residency?

lets see.....?
Do you have a man/woman in mind, or just going to find one, once you get there?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hi there!!

lets see.....?

Do I have this right? You want to go into Canada on a VISITOR visa, get married in order to become not a visitor but a resident? Is that correct?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi there!!

lets see.....?

Getting married while you are in Canada on a visitor visa won't give you more rights to obtain the Canadian residency. And God thanks

misuka

Apr 28, 2006
Do I have this right? You want to go into Canada on a VISITOR visa, get married in order to become not a visitor but a resident? Is that correct?
yes thats what i mean!! can i do this and how? any idea??:chinese:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
well yeah i have a woman on mind !!:D
Er, this Canadian woman you have in mind, Does she know of your intentions to marry her so as to be able to get your visa? Has she done anything about sending you a sponsors letter to pass on the the Canadian Embassy? :ermm: ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
yes thats what i mean!! can i do this and how? any idea??:chinese:

Glad I understood you correctly. First question is what nationality are you? Some nationalities don't need a visitor's visa. If you are Chinese as the smiley indicates then you probably will (also if you are Taiwanese :) ). If you are from UK, France, Germany etc you won't. Check your nationality against this list:
Untitled Document
Disclaimer: This list is probably out of date since I am not a Canadian immigration lawyer, in fact I know precious little about the subject. Other than for subjects of Tajikistan where I seem to have acquired mountains of useless information. Are you by any chance Tajikistani?

Failing that, if you get a visitor's visa to Canada why not get married not once but thrice to three different people without bothering to get a divorce in between times? That should ensure some type of residency though possibly not much liberty.

There was an old fellow of Lyme
Who lived with three wives at one time.
When asked, 'Why the third?'
He replied, 'One's absurd,
And bigamy, sir, is a crime. :)

Aug 21, 2007
Okay, Guys....Your responses are quite humorous. I don't think the original submitter will be on to your humor, though. (It's purely for your own enterainment???) Why don't you quit playing with him and just give him a straight answer?

OR, is he playing with you to begin with??????

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Can't hurt to try

Of course we all have the wiseguy answers for someone like this-but this guy has come this far-the use of a computer to ask non-Dominicans how he can get done what he wants to do. Now, he may have reached is level of incompetence, but according to the slogan of the New York State Lottery
"Hey You Never Know" he's giving it his best shot.

P.S. 12 million others in the U.S. did it another way.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Perhaps we need a bit more information to establish the legitimacy of the question.
Without said info, one gets the impression that the OP wants to get CDN residency, by way of marrying anyone he can find.
If the OP is actually romantically involved with a CDN woman, and would simply like to know if he will be able to legally remain in Canada, if he marries his sweetheart, then he could expect a bit more cooperation in this thread.
I did try to find a bit more out, when I asked,
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Rocky
Do you have a man/woman in mind, or just going to find one, once you get there?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
But the response was a bit short.
well yeah i have a woman on mind !!:D

So.......
Misuka...
Would you please give us a few more details?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anyone notice that he didn't comment on the link I gave him (in spanish) which is where all his questions will be answered?

We also don't know if he's Dominican.

Last edited:

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Anyone notice that he didn't comment on the link I gave him (in spanish) which is where all his questions will be answered?

We also don't know if he's Dominican.
:bunny:Home page info Band Members Misael Rojas (guitar)
Joel Dom?nguez (bass)
Ariel Lantigua (drums)
Jay Rivera (vocals)
Influences Pure Dominican Rock & Metal

Gravedad Zero (zero gravity), a band from Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, sees its beginnings in 2003 after several stages of transition which helped reveal the true identity of the band.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No kidding.
Do I ever feel dumb for not having looked in the bio.
Vince is the link king.

My response this AM was because I looked at his bio first and said "use of computer." In addition if anyone knows how hard it is to promote a rock band---getting to Canada might seem easy to him

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
All three of the posts in this thread are coming from Canada.

When the OP is finished playing game she/he can send me a PM with a good explanation.

This poster did first post in the travel section and that's the only one that comes from POP.

Before I close this may I say that people do not need to play games in this forum. Be straight with your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.