Pay A-rod all the money you want...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
...but his performances in every single playoff series since hes' been with the Yankees would leave me to believe that he is not capable of bringing it when the heat is on and when it counts the most.

Being the cynic that I am, I felt this year was contrived. He set his mind to do well as he is seeking the biggest payday in modern professional sports yet he came up small yet again in the playoffs.

Granted the Yankees would not of made the playoffs without him, but if you are asking for the type of money he and his agent are asking for he needs to be Mr. October times 10, and he is not. Nor will he ever be.

Just look at the other teams scrapping in the MLB playoffs. You CAN do well without big-money players, and I think the whole bloated payroll experiment has failed the Yankees miserably for the last few years.

Time to use that money to develop younger players who will bring a different style of play to the Bronx. They have quite a few good young guys right now, but their core is aging and not getting it done anymore.

Let Posada and Rivera test the free agent market. Say bye-bye to the Rocket, who got paid lottery money for a 6-6 record and an ERA over 5. Lets' get some youth, speed and quickness on the base paths and trade dinosaurs like Johhny Damon and Jason Giambi for a sack of overcooked grits.

We don't need big-name players to win. We need young guys who are hungry.

A-Rod will undoubtedly cash another huge payday from some fool. I just hope he isn't doing it in the Bronx next year.