Yank's

choke.gif

and now selling

36924627_240x240_Front.jpg

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Here is my vote

Since NY is the biggest stage for baseball, then I think that they need the biggest person that they can put on that stage and there is nobody better than.........

p1_piniella.jpg

Diamond LOU PINELLA :surprised

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i can hear the chants now!
ps- larry bird as knicks coach!

May 12, 2005
I say if Joe goes, which I don't think he should. The team would be wise to select Girardi or Mattingly. By choosing one of those 2 it helps keep the relations with free agents posada, rivera and petitte intact. Bringing in someone like La Russa might alienate them and tempt them to sign elsewhere. As an aside i despise La Russa. If George hires him, I might burn all my Yankee shirts. But I would choose Girardi, has a little fire, is good with young players and can manage. Also from the Yankee family.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
I say if Joe goes, which I don't think he should. The team would be wise to select Girardi or Mattingly. By choosing one of those 2 it helps keep the relations with free agents posada, rivera and petitte intact. Bringing in someone like La Russa might alienate them and tempt them to sign elsewhere. As an aside i despise La Russa. If George hires him, I might burn all my Yankee shirts. But I would choose Girardi, has a little fire, is good with young players and can manage. Also from the Yankee family.

Well put. (finally a reply that made sense). I agree wholeheartedly.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Girardi is already on the payroll

My sense tells me that Steinbrenner has already spoken to Girardi about managing the MFYs in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a handshake deal.

He did a fantastic job in Florida. No way you win that many games with such a young and inexperienced lineup with smoke and mirrors. He can manage, no doubt.

Apparently his relationship with the front office - the owner I believe - wasn't too good, but from what I remember as the crux of the difference, I agreed with Joe.

I can't believe he doesn't have a job now, that's why I'm led to think he's the Boss's car warming in the garage.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i hope whoever it is can sign the upcoming free agents on the Stanks (Yanks).

did someone say Dusty Baker ? :ermm:

My turn

Ok - since I started the thread, here are my thoughts:

If Joe doesn't return, my choice would be Don Mattingly or Joe Girardi (in that order of preference). Both are used to the NY press, have good relationships with Yankee veterans (ie potential free agents), etc.

Unfortunately, I think George will pick Tony LaRussa. I agree with the person who posted something about him earlier. I can't stand him. Also, he doesn't get along with the press, so I can only imagine what it would be like for him in NY.

Sep 19, 2005
if king jerk george kicks Joe out the door for ONLY going to the playoff every year he has been manager just about, then then idiot is shooting himself in the foot.

Joe will most likely try to be picked up by another club, and for sure he will take a few key players with him....

some of these players are pretty tight with each other and their manager... they make long time friends and up in those pay ranges a mill her or there isnt as important as having friends nearby to some of these guys.

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My sense tells me that Steinbrenner has already spoken to Girardi about managing the MFYs in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a handshake deal.

He did a fantastic job in Florida. No way you win that many games with such a young and inexperienced lineup with smoke and mirrors. He can manage, no doubt.

Apparently his relationship with the front office - the owner I believe - wasn't too good, but from what I remember as the crux of the difference, I agreed with Joe.

I can't believe he doesn't have a job now, that's why I'm led to think he's the Boss's car warming in the garage.

As much as I despise the MFY's, I hope you're right on this one, Cleef...

Girardi was a GREAT manager for the Marlins...TOO BAD the MIAMI MAFIA wanted a CUBAN to manage the team. You should have seen and heard (I DID!) how they lobbied for Gonzalez to be the manager and would bad mouth Girardi every chance they got!!!!!

I predicted from the start of spring training they would not go anywhere...This guy didn't have the B**** to keep the young kids at bay, they did whatever they pleased and no one could tell them otherwise...

No managing skills whatsoever...and it showed...

But anyway, back to the topic at hand...Girardi would be a great choice for the MFY's...I would watch some games even, just to see him...I think he's HOT!!!! (Shhh...don't tell Tony I said that!!!!:cheeky:)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
;)Quote/Girardi was a GREAT manager for the Marlins...TOO BAD the MIAMI MAFIA wanted a CUBAN to manage the team. You should have seen and heard (I DID!) how they lobbied for Gonzalez to be the manager and would bad mouth Girardi every chance they got!!!!!

Boy, is that correct!!!

I lived in Miami Springs for a couple of years and know heads on what you mean.;)