All inclusives near samana pier!

hidden agenda

Aug 4, 2007
Hi all, I would like to stay in an all inclusive middle of december (17th) near the pier. I heard Viva Wyndham is about an hour from the Pier so it really isnt ideal for me, but if there is a way I can get to the pier around 730 am, I could still swing it. So, my questions are what are some good all inclusives near the pier and if I do end up staying at wyndham, whats a cheap way to get to the pier that morning 18th early?

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
There is an all-inclusive hotel, Cayocoa, operated by Groupo Pinero/Principe group overlooking the harbor. This is the closest and only 5 minutes away from the pier. They also have Hotel Cayo Levantado on the little island of the same name in Samana Bay and the temporarily closed Gran Bahia hotel opposite the cayo on the peninsula's mainland. Both of these hotels would require a lot more difficulty getting to Samana by 7:30am.

With a 6am departure from the Wyndham necessary to guarantee a 7:30am arrival in Samana, you will have to take a private taxi, the only way to do this and not cheap, probably about $2,000rd one-way ($60usd at today's exchange rate).

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
I stayed at the Bahia Principe across from Cayo Levantado, and they did have a daily (free) bus to downtown Samana. Dropoff location was wherever the particular driver was getting the best kickbacks from, and changed daily tho. Timing was in the early afternoon tho.

Cab ride from that particular resort would be 20 minutes or so. I'm honestly not sure about cost tho, as the only times I went into town are with the free bus and with a resort worker who gave me a lift.

If you're looking to access the bridge at a particular time, stick with the Bahia Principe Cayocoa, since it's right there. Save you a lot of hassles if you simply walk there... lol