From POP...

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
Hello People... I am new here so Bear with me please...
I have been searching a flight from Puerto-Plata (Or if unavailable maybe Sto-Domingo or something..) To Montreal, Burlington, Plattsburg (Do they even have flights from the Caribbean yet:ermm:?)) Or Ottawa! I have been looking at aircanada and so far they are the cheapest at $935 Which is not that bad I guess... I am searching for the beginning of March... Any help would be rrreally apprecciated!!

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hello People... I am new here so Bear with me please...
I have been searching a flight from Puerto-Plata (Or if unavailable maybe Sto-Domingo or something..) To Montreal, Burlington, Plattsburg (Do they even have flights from the Caribbean yet:ermm:?)) Or Ottawa! I have been looking at aircanada and so far they are the cheapest at $935 Which is not that bad I guess... I am searching for the beginning of March... Any help would be rrreally apprecciated!!

Try Westjet a lowcost airline rather like Jetblue who fly all over canada and are starting in December to fly direct from Toronto to POP and PUJ.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Jet Blue and Delta have pretty cheap flights from SDQ and STI. Look into flying to BTV. Forget Montreal or Ottawa (unless you find a charter sale) These destinations are usually more $$$

Suerte

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Best and cheapest to POP

For Montreal residents the best deal is with Jet Blue from Burlington. Just 1 hour drive to Burlington and you get a return flight for Under $400CDN. Now as of January they fly into POP through JFK. The flights are comfortable and the arrival and departure times are now ok..

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I know someone who just paid $800 Cdn for a seat from POP to MTL on AirTransit. I thought that this price was really high as you used to be able to get seats for about $500 from POP. You can contact the local reps in Puerta Plata to ask about availability and price.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I know someone who just paid $800 Cdn for a seat from POP to MTL on AirTransit. I thought that this price was really high as you used to be able to get seats for about $500 from POP. You can contact the local reps in Puerta Plata to ask about availability and price.

The prices from Toronto to POP have really increased as well - mainly because in 2004 I was paying about $170 in taxes and now it's about $320!!! What the heck!!

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
The aircanada site has very expensive flights listed.

Check flightcentre.ca you will find cheap chater flights there.

I always book my flight with them, and they will match competitors prices.