Building in Sosua, beware!

truthful

Aug 5, 2007
Attention for all who plans to build your own house in Sosua/Cabarete!!!

The company "Ebur construction" with president Frank Ebert seem to take longer to build than they contract for. They have 7 projects of the house and all of them not finished during 1 year.
They have the office on Pedro Glisante, Sosua, next to the Cigar shop.

Be careful !!!

Edited to remove a potentially libelous term. It is obvious to me that the OP is not a native English speaker and may not have chosen a word or phrase which perfectly fits the situation. - Gregg Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

truthful

Aug 5, 2007
More...... My best friend, unfortunatly, have the contract with Ebur. They promised to finish the house for 6 months (in accordance with the contract), but realy now it takes 10 month and how much more I can`t say.
It`s a scheme: you pay for your house, they spend your money for other house which also build and so you wait when the money come from another house, another owner.

If somebody can help my friend to resolve this problem, who knows the good lawer and etc, please, write.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is there a clause in the contract that says it might take longer than 6 months?

Have they done any work yet?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Have they done any work yet?
That's a good question. It seems everything the DR everything takes longer than anticipated.

How long has it been since your friend signed the contract, and how much work have they actually completed?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't like anonymous posts of people accusing others or using DR1 to try and gain leverage. I suggest you post your full details. e.g. My name is... I have a contract to build a.... These are the terms...

If not, the thread will be deleted.

Goldstar

Nov 21, 2007
"Ebur Contruction"

Please tell me more about this please as I am having a house built by them and am having a lot of problems!!!

Attention for all who plans to build your own house in Sosua/Cabarete!!!

The company "Ebur construction" with president Frank Ebert seem to take longer to build than they contract for. They have 7 projects of the house and all of them not finished during 1 year.
They have the office on Pedro Glisante, Sosua, next to the Cigar shop.

Be careful !!!

Edited to remove a potentially libelous term. It is obvious to me that the OP is not a native English speaker and may not have chosen a word or phrase which perfectly fits the situation. - Gregg Mod.

Last edited: