Slo-pitch in the DR?

Mark.D

Oct 15, 2007
Hi there,

Just wondering if there is an Slo-pitch played in the D.R.? If so, I would love to go and watch or participate with the locals when I am on vacation. I will be in Punta Cana in Nov., so please let me know ASAP.

If there isn't any Slo-pitch played, I'd love to go and watch the locals play hardball... Anyone have any info?

Thanks

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Estas hablando de esto?.......

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is an Slo-pitch played in the D.R.? If so, I would love to go and watch or participate with the locals when I am on vacation. I will be in Punta Cana in Nov., so please let me know ASAP.

If there isn't any Slo-pitch played, I'd love to go and watch the locals play hardball... Anyone have any info?

Thanks
If you mean "Softball", check this website:

Website Oficial del Softbol Aficionado en Republica Dominicana.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
You do mean softball right?

Just wondering if there is an Slo-pitch played in the D.R.? If so, I would love to go and watch or participate with the locals when I am on vacation. I will be in Punta Cana in Nov., so please let me know ASAP.Thanks
Softball is very popular in the DR.

I didn't see any "slow-pitch" per say; I'd classify it as between 'modified' and 'fast-pitch', definitely 3/4 release, nothing above the shoulder.

The name of the big bank is escaping me now, but they have/sponsor a really nice field in SD. There are a couple more in SD I could direct you to and I can assure you on Sat/Sun. mornings the place will be jumping (and by 10am the rum will be flowing and the ball busting will be in earnest: literally and figuratively). I've arrived at 7am and been the 18th person on the list to play.

If you're a gringo, I'm sure they'd love to have you play, but be duly warned, these were definitely some of the most competitive groups I've ever seen (no matter how good your spanglish is, you won't get many of the jokes about you anyway).

The more exciting games will be on the edges of barrios; not the nicest fields, but the best players and most exciting action.

The bank's field and the club field in SD are two of the nicest facilities for softball I've ever played on. Conversely, some of the worst fields I've ever played are close by as well.

Save yourself the trouble and just bring a handful of bottlecaps and a broomstick into the barrio (might want to leave the jewelry and traveler checks in the hotel) and you'll have an even better "ball" experience.

Hillbilly helped me find some softball contacts, he might know something around Punta Cana.