El Conde

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Hola everyone :classic:

El Conde is a nice area to chill and grab a drink (or a bite).

This place is quiet on Sunday since most of the stores are closed.

But its nice to go on an afternoon.

This is where I go to extend my stay in the DR :bunny:
6fcq6a.jpg

aev245.jpg

t9in89.jpg

9u3cqx.jpg

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
rvltnp.jpg

2rfziw8.jpg

I would avoid going to this Pizza Hut. The pizza was not that good and the place isn't that clean. Instead, I would go to a local Dominican restaurant

2klmdz.jpg

A nice bar to go to chill and have a drink

4v62ax.jpg

1z48q3d.jpg

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Really enjoying your pictures! It brings back lots of memories...
I've had a snack and drink at that bar you posted a picture of...Looks like it's called Flowers? (I can't remember the name...) Was a nice place anyways...

Do you know what some of the housing neighborhoods around this area are called??

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Really enjoying your pictures! It brings back lots of memories...
I've had a snack and drink at that bar you posted a picture of...Looks like it's called Flowers? (I can't remember the name...) Was a nice place anyways...

Do you know what some of the housing neighborhoods around this area are called??

I'm sorry but I do not know what they are called.

I'm glad you like the pictures. :classic:

alloallo3

Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for the photos. We recently stayed at the Hotel Penalba there on Conde. Your picture of it's street cafe is very nice. Thanks.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Nice pics Potato Salad. Santo Domingo/Boca Chica are my favorite places in the DR. El Conde is a great place to be. Did you visit LaSirena or Plaza Lama? Again, thanks for posting the nice pics.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
I have a an apartment right around the corner.

Your pix are so accurate in captureing the comfort and warmth of the atmosphere.

Can't wait to get back, and see the shoe shine boys who love to follow me. And the newspaper girl "YaYa" and all the local vendors!

I can almost smell the sweet stinch.......Thanx for the flix!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Great Pics of El Conde! - Keep on Posting them. For those of us who do not get a chance to get there often, it's great to see pics of the old hangouts...

;)