Occidental Grand Punta Cana

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
it's a good resort! i have zero complaints.....okay maybe a few, but it's not the hotel's fault.....tiny ants on the bathroom sink counter (coming up from the sink), nowhere around to buy contact lense solution (silly me forget it at HOME), food is a bit....rich...take immodium....oh the steakhouse retaurant wasn't that great either. Waiter came over..gave you a piece of meat...you eat it in 2 min and they come back 10 min later with another piece....and you got a tiny bit of rice with it...just not my style. mexican restaurant was SUPER YUMMY and mangu disco is so much fun.

logomama

Sep 23, 2007
Do they have a seafood restaurant or is that at the buffet. I understand golf is about a 25 minute car ride. Would you know what the average cab ride would cost? How are the drinks?

MojitoGirl

Jul 30, 2007
hi there...no seafood restaurant...just mexican, oriental, italian and chophouse
drinks were REALLY GOOD....only served till 1 am tho

there is a seafood restaurant at the occidental allegro tho

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi there...no seafood restaurant...just mexican, oriental, italian and chophouse
drinks were REALLY GOOD....only served till 1 am tho

there is a seafood restaurant at the occidental allegro tho

but that's not included nor accessible for clients of the Occidental Gran Flamenco hotel. the Allegro Resort is located in the Bay of Cabeza de Toro, 30 driving minutes from the Flamenco.

Lynda, there are many Golf courses in the Bavaro Punta Cana area, you will find a lot of info about tee-fees aso at the Flamenco's lobby area, if you need a hand to contact them just pass by the guest service near the lobby , those friendly guys will help you on that.
the farest golf course from the Flamenco would be La Cana (my favorite) at the Punta Cana Resort & Club with several wholes on the ocean front with 35 minutes driving time, there is the also high ratet course at the Cocotal-Club in front of the Melia Resort a 15 minutes ride from your resort, and there is the smaller one White Sands located in front of the Ocean Blue Resort just 5 driving minutes from the Flamenco.
on many golf courses you can book packages including the course - fee and transportation, check with your guest service about that or use the search function here on the DR1 bord, you will find a lot of posts on this bord answering questions to most golf courses in the area.
have a great day
Mike