Best way to Juan Dolio from SD Airport

mikenovit

Oct 17, 2007
Can anyone advise best way for four adults and a two year old to get from Santo Domingo airport to Albatros Club Resort in Juan Dolio....early December.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Taxi around 30us$. Albatros is at the far end of Juan Dolio. The alternative is a bus and then motor taxis which would probably end up costing you more. It is around half an hour trip.

Matilda

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
call your hotel...if they dont offer free pick up they can arrange for a legit taxi to pick you up. just ask for the price before you are there. 30 usd sounds right (its 20 to Boca Chica).

IF you call the hotel...make sure to use a calling card. Calling from the US or Canada (just an assumption here)...is much more expensive on your land line or cell.

Some hotel actually offer free hotel an pickup depending how long you are staying

Dont even think of the bus (guagua) with so many people and a brat. Guaguas are cool but not when you have a ton of luggage.

You also might want to request a driver with an SUV. NOt sure if your hotel front desk speaks english...not sure if you speak spanish or if you have traveled to dr before...but definitely research and get this resolved BEFORE you travel.

oh..btw...the 30 US (plus a tip...perhaps 5 bucks) is for the entire enterage...not per person! best of luck! make sure to CALL..you can try emailing them...but many DR hotels are really bad or slow at returning emails. Salud!

herb99

Jul 9, 2007
I go to Juan Dolio twice a year for 7 to 10 days. I always take a taxi from the airport and have never had a problem. All taxis charge the same rate and I have never been cheated. I don't remember exactly but think I paid $20 or $30.

When It's time to go from Juan Dolio back to the airport, I also take a taxi. There are several taxi stands in Juan Dolio and I usually make arrangements with one of the drivers the day before to pick me up at the hotel. The rates are posted and are regulated to protect the tourist. I have never had a problem with the time or the money. The taxi drivers have even provided me with their cell numbers in case I need to go anywhere else, like the capital.

I have used a taxi for the whole day, takes me to Sto Dgo, stays with me the whole day and returns me back to Juan Dolio for $80.

Things are nice In Juan Dolio. Enjoy the beach and mingle with the people. You will have a good time.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
RD$1500 if you're paying in pesos

If you're REALLY good at bargaining you may get a better rate but I doubt with that many people and luggage they'll lower it for you.:bunny: