when is the dominican world series?

kribenza

Jan 2, 2007
i want to come to dr and see it! i have been to the dr 5 times so far. i love baseball! im a mets fan from NJ U.S.A. So if anyone can direct me to a schedule or some ticket info even? thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I looked on the LIDOM site and got zip. I went to the Aguilas site and was told that "in February..
I'll keep looking!

HB

Last year it was from 2-7 Feb in Puerto Rico. So figure sometime around then.

HB

Last edited:

kribenza

Jan 2, 2007
thanks

thanks. i want to come down to see it. i work in the floral industry and feb 14th i cant come down or a week before that. the 6th would be the last day i could be in dr. Thank you for your reply , i hope to know for sure so i can make plans. even a few regular season games might be fun im sure.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i want to come to dr and see it! i have been to the dr 5 times so far. i love baseball! im a mets fan from NJ U.S.A. So if anyone can direct me to a schedule or some ticket info even? thanks!

You are referring to the Dominican championship game where only the teams in the DR play and NOT the Caribbean World Series where teams from the Caribbean play for the championship. Is this correct?

kribenza

Jan 2, 2007
yes i meant the dr teams world series like the licey team

licey and the dr teams i meant. i think its in january. thanks in advance.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
licey and the dr teams i meant. i think its in january. thanks in advance.

Don't quote me..............Around the 5th of January the Round Robin Series starts. This continues until around the 20th of January when the championship games start.

Here is a link to Licey's 2007-08 schedule. I believe it will be sometime in December when they post the January schedule.

The Caribbean World Series is sometime early February in Santiago.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Why do they use the word "World" to describe a local series?

It's not like other teams from other parts of the world are competing.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
It's not, officially.

Why do they use the word "World" to describe a local series?

It's not like other teams from other parts of the world are competing.
I think it's just been attached to it as a moniker. Officially I'm pretty certain it's just the "Caribbean Series".

Latino Baseball lists the tourney as the Caribbean World Series, which I agree makes no sense. I doubt they think it out too far.

MLB doesn't use the verbiage "world" when describing the Caribbean Series.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I never understood why they use it, even in the US? Or why they call themselves world champions.

The "World Cup" (football) every country in the world participates, including the DR. Everyone gets the opportunity to play and qualify for the finals. Hence the name the "World Cup".

Sorry, had to ask. Back on topic....

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
I never understood why they use it, even in the US? Or why they call themselves world champions.

The "World Cup" (football) every country in the world participates, including the DR. Everyone gets the opportunity to play and qualify for the finals. Hence the name the "World Cup".

Sorry, had to ask. Back on topic....

Maybe it is also could be, because of all of the players from different nacionalities that play during the regular season, and the world series.. "me think"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe it is also could be, because of all of the players from different nacionalities that play during the regular season, and the world series.. "me think"

Sad reason :)

English, Italian, German etc football teams have a much wider selection of nationalities playing, but they still don't call themselves world champions if they win their local championships.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
When the World Series started in 1903 it really was a "world series" as there were no other established leagues in other countries, with the exception of Cuba. The name has stayed the same but baseball has grown a great deal obviously. Everybody knows it is not a "real" world series yet the monkier stays because of tradition. Renaming it something else would be liken to renaming "Uncle Sam" to "Uncle Billy" - it just ain't going to happen. Now you know... the rest of the story:)

jova

Nov 2, 2007
I was in DR last year for the the local championship. I am trying to make plans to go to the Carribean Series in Santiago. I know it's in Feburary but I have not been able to get specific dates or info on how to get tickets. If anyone could help with some additional info I would appreciate it. Thanks!