Santo Domingo - Moca

Aug 19, 2004
Is there a decent bus service from Santo Domingo to Moca - and where is it located in Santo Domingo?

From what I have seen neither Caribe Tours or Metro go there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good Question. Have not seen it before.
Does not mean that there isn't.
For sure AETRA Bus will drop you off at the crossroads on the Duarte Highway. Then a local guagua or minibus would take you into town.
Let's see what the Mocanos have to say.

HB

Aug 19, 2004
Thanks Hillbilly

I have seen that Caribe Tours have a bus to Salcedo - does that go via Moca? How far is Salcedo to Moca?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Hillbilly

I have seen that Caribe Tours have a bus to Salcedo - does that go via Moca? How far is Salcedo to Moca?
15 minute drive?

80-688x438.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Salcedo to Moca is more like a half hour.

I would recommend going from the capital to Santiago and then from there to Moca as the road to Salcedo is bad so you should get there sooner coming from Stgo. Also, the guaguas to Moca pass right in front of the Metro Station on JP Duarte and they charge like RD50 at the most. If you have luggage just pay for two seats.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Metro b?s used to have a station in Moca, but that service was discontinued a couple of years ago.

In terms of travel time, Moca is 30 minutes to either Santiago or Salcedo. The road between Moca and Salcedo is not that bad, there are a few stretches where it gets bumpy; but for the most part its a good road. The same is true between Santiago and Moca.

Its really your pick, STG or SLD. Eitherway, you will be a half hour or so from Moca.

-NALS

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Metro b?s used to have a station in Moca, but that service was discontinued a couple of years ago.

In terms of travel time, Moca is 30 minutes to either Santiago or Salcedo. The road between Moca and Salcedo is not that bad, there are a few stretches where it gets bumpy; but for the most part its a good road. The same is true between Santiago and Moca.

Its really your pick, STG or SLD. Eitherway, you will be a half hour or so from Moca.

-NALS

Yes, but what about the turnoff from the autopista to Salcedo - that is what I was referring to.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Yes, but what about the turnoff from the autopista to Salcedo - that is what I was referring to.
That turnoff has always been in so-so conditions, but its only a relatively short stretch considering the total length of the Moca-Salcedo trayectory.

For the majority of the trayectory the road is in good conditions that should take more or less a half hour to complete.

-NALs

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I know there is a bus that goes direct to downtown moca.....the station is on avenida jfk, but as to where i don't know....you can go through la vega, or there are express busses that go direct.....i have taken this bus many times....not caribe tours or metro ..... prada rings a bell but not sure, just know where it is