A-Rod "Show me the money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
This guy thinks he is bigger than baseball itself. What an arrogant SOB. He announces at the world series that he is opting out of his contract. What a selfish moron. He may be a great ball player but this guy just doesn't get it. He can make up whatever excuse he likes but it's all about the money

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
we'll have to wait and see what he settles for to determine that. his next contract could be for less money and he may just want to get out of ny. i'm sure he is not in financial difficulty and probably has more than he could spend in a lifetime..lol

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I hope he gets screwed and has to sign for less money. If A-Rod thinks he got unfair treatment from the fans wait till he comes to Yankee Stadium wearing a different uniform.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
are you ****ting me?

we'll have to wait and see what he settles for to determine that. his next contract could be for less money and he may just want to get out of ny. i'm sure he is not in financial difficulty and probably has more than he could spend in a lifetime..lol

You're going to have to wait to determine that he's a selfish prick?

MeRod couldn't wait 12 hours to announce his life plans?

Do you recall the tortuous drama he put us all through last year, flip-flopping between playing for USA or the DR? The guy is a purple-lipped pri maddona of epic proportions.

As the OP put it, "this guy just doesn't get it" - and that's an understatement.

Did you just land here on earth? I don't think I've seen a more ridiculous comment on this board EVER!

F' MeRod and the space ship the both of you landed here on.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well, i'm glad to chime in on the A-Rod hate club. whatever he does he'll get paid good, he's a good ball player regardless of envious opinions.
The Angels could be the best match for him. LA-Rod has a ring to it. after the Mets collapse there's no way he would go there. and there's talk of the Cubbies. :ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Give me a break, A rod ain't no Barry Bonds - I hope he takes a paycut to prove that it ain't all about the money. I'm glad he left NY because the fans were always going to pick Jeter before him - just too much conflict.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Good for you, Alex!!.

Wrong day to announce it.

Let's make the same excuse as if he were Manny Ramirez: "Just being Alex".

I don't agree with his timing but after watching teams managements "stick their whole arms" into players butts for generations, it's refreshing to see someone, in this case, whether you like it or not, the best player in baseball, "stick it right back".

Chip: did you just woke-up from a 50 years coma?.

I ask you this because for a LOOOOOOONG time, IN MY OPINION, baseball is NOT about the love of the game anymore.

Yes, there are a few who say love the game and there are a few who look like they love the game but even those, would choose to go where the "right" money is.

The only players playing for the love of the game are rookies. And even them will be "corrupted" when time comes to re-negociate their contracts.

Rodriguez did NOTHING, NOOOOOOOOOTHING, any other ball player wouldn't do. NOTHING!.

SOME of you are acting like what he did is something new. Other players have opted to do the same.

Bad timing but:

GOOD FOR YOU, ALEX!!.

Now, go sign with Boston!!.

Jan 5, 2006
I told you guys days ago!

Blah, blah, blah...

A-Rod can say whatever he wants, but 99% of professional athletes, including him, have proven by their actions that money is always most important. BTW, there's nothing wrong with that, as their playing career is limited and always an injury away from going in the toilet. A little honesty would be refreshing though!

Remember, everytime that a player says that it's not about the money, it's about the money! ;)

Jan 5, 2006
One more thing, the Yankees will be worse next year, but better off in the long run. Whatever team ends up with A-Rod will regret it in the long run.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
When I see how much harm Enron did in the documentary "The Smartest guys in the room", and all because of greed, lets' put this into perspective.

It IS about the love of the game. Or the love of stats, but this guys can play and he puts his heart and soul into it. You don't become the best regular season player in the game if there was no love.

But he did two things that reek of Scott Boras-

1) He announces during a career year that he will opt out of his contract if the Yankess do not negotiate before the season ended, something they said they would not do with ANY of their pending free agents, thus putting a gun to Yankee management knowing this would create problems. This was nothing more than a clash of egomaniacs between Boras and Yankee management.

2) He announces during the World Series that he indeed will opt out, making him look like he wanted to steal Bostons' thunder and grab the spotlight for himself.

He will forever be seen as a selfish, me-first player for this. But this is NOT what troubles me about him.

He has shown, PROVEN to the whole world that he has no heart during the playoffs and CANNOT get it done when it counts. He can take you to the playoffs, but he will never be a Big Pappi or Manny Ramirez when it comes to post-season performance.

But what do you want out of him? Humility? Please, hes' got Scott Boras as an agent and his wife publicly showed support for him after he dangled that stripper in front of her. Everyone here is selfish, not just him.

And when we are talking about that type of money, enough is never enough. Thats' just human nature and I do not fault any of them for that. They ALL want to get paid, that is life.

He just went about it in a manner that shows a lack of class. And if he can't perform during the playoffs, to me he is not worth the money he will get.

But hey, this is baseball, not real life. I will save the denunciations for our greedy politicians and their involvement with companies like Enron, because their greed is what will have an adverse effect on my life, not A-Rod getting 30 mil a year.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
De verdad?..

You make as much sense as MeRod.
You mean "you make as much sense as MeRod" TO ME, correct?.

Sorry Cleefy, but I am here to agree with ALLLL you say.

It goes this that old shyt, "opinions are like axxholes.....", you know!.

Now, go on and tell us how YOU feel and leave how WE feel to ourselves!.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Cleef...YOU make a lot of sense TO ME with your comments !!!

Good for you for speaking your brilliant mind...and to the OP for also stating it like it is...

I just wanted to add CONGRATULATIONS to Mike Lowell for being the MVP of the WS!!!

NOW THAT is a CLASSY HUMAN BEING!!!!

Go RED SOX!!!

(Another thing...IF they, by any chance, decide to sign ME-Rod...you can count me as one less fan, because I will NOT root for ANY team that has him on their roster!!:( )

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I sincerely hope Arod takes a pay cut and goes to a team that is hungrier, but maybe a playoff contender. If this happens I truly believe Arod will not only continue to play good inthe regular season but start to play better during the playoffs.

Contrary to popular belief, Arod isn't and alien and all of the negative publicity he gets does affect him. He never really was a Yankee - and I'm really starting to dislike their fans too. Sometimes people take this game too damn seriously.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
He is a the A-Rod Curse of the Yankees

I like him. - He is a good talented player but I have reservations about him. - No doubt that he is the A-Rod CURSE of the Yankees. - I wonder where he will go?

What team can afford him?

What team wants him to "Show-Up" all of their players?

My opinion of him has been mixed. I would love to see him on our Red Sox team, but I prefer that he be "Cleansed" of his Yankee pin stripes. First take a short stint back with the Texas Rangers and then we will take him during the middle of the season - but of course for LESS Money in his contract.

Miguel, be nice! ;)

This is what is going on in his head:
istockphoto_279137_money_mind.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Alex was never a "Yankee". Who can say that anybody ever liked him there or treated him fairly? Everyone likes to blame Arod for having a jerk of an agent, even if he is the best there is. Remember, Arod even said he was embarrassed for the amount of money Boras got him. Nonetheless, who in their right mind would change agents if they were in the same situation? That's right - nobody

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This is not about Boras or even the ridiculous amount of money Me-Rod is getting/will/will NOT get... It's about HIM being such a JERK...with NO CLASS, NO RESPECT for his teammates, his wife, the other teams, NO ONE...He only cares about himself, it's like Cleef says...ME, ME, ME...

And if Yankee fans DON'T LIKE HIM...who would??? :(

He needs some kind of cleansing, for sure...maybe he should visit a 'santera' here in Miami or even in DR...;) SOMEONE needs to cleanse his 'aura' :)

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
Now A-Rod can concentrate on being a baseball legend!

Let's face it! the yankees was just to distracting for A-Rod....he needs a place where he can do things at his own pace....the yankees win win and win now fiasco was just to much to bare, it took down Torre and it will wear down on other players as the weeks go by as well...even jeter does not look the same!...I say good for A-rod who will get a slight pay cut but will probably go to a team such as the Chi Cubs with mentor Panilla and put up legendary numbers for that club for years to come, and seal his deal as a hall of famer!....he's not about the money, Nor Jeter!!! but when you stop having fun in your sport, and it because a hard labor type job...it's time to move on.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Wow!

And I thought people hated Bonds!!!

BTW, how cool was it that one of the Bosox principals last night mentioned DR when speaking about baseball fans of Red Sox Nation!!

I'm sure Boras was the one behind announcing that during the WS. As for A-Rod, he's not really a baseball player. He's a businessman - a lot like Jordan was or Tiger is, or any great athlete today. In it for the money. The sport is only the means!

Status
Not open for further replies.