Best " Jugos " in the D.R. ?

bbd24

Oct 26, 2007
I am kinda set on the old school "jugo de limon." However, they tell me that the D.R. has some of the best jugos. What types are the favorites down there ? Any can't miss jugos if I'm headed into the city and need to find a refreshing drink ?

What are some of your favorites ?

A

apostropheman

jugo de china verde...something like that.:cheeky:

orange juice made with green oranges, fresh squeezed right in front of you. :):bunny::bunny:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Most cafeterias and restaurants will do them - the caf? on Parque Col?n and La Cafetera del Conde in the Zona Colonial, and Adrian Tropical for their own interesting combinations like Tropiagrio (orange, lemon and chinola) and the one they make with granadillo and chinola.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Be careful about drinking jugos naturales here. Unfortunately, they don't always clean the containers well every day and some of them look downright nasty. Of course, if you are already normalized like the locals, it shouldn't be a problem. Remember, a local can drink tap water here and not get sick, but many do suffer ailments of the kidneys unfortunately.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Other nice juices - champola, made with guanabana (soursop), lechoza (papaya) with or without milk. Pera pi?a with pineapple and rice, fruit juice with oatmeal...

Lechoza natural, sin azucar and with a bit of lime juice added... divine.

Morir so?ando - not my sort of thing but people adore this one, made with orange juice, ice, sugar and milk. Can also be made with lime or chinola (passion fruit).

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Jugo de zanahoria, jugo de cereza... Jugo de guan?bana !!!

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Morir so?ando - not my sort of thing but people adore this one, made with orange juice, ice, sugar and milk. Can also be made with lime or chinola (passion fruit).

My favorite, it's with sweetened condensed milk. Then they add more sugar....obviously;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow these juices are wonderful except that some of these vendors add TONS AND TONS of sugar and totally messed them up, even my kids were shocked when one time we saw the attendant add scoop after scoop of sugar to our lemonade, yuk.

Maybe you can ask them not to add all that sugar :ermm:.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I also tried once, coconut juice right from the tree with Brugal Rum.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In places where they make it on the spot - like the ones I mentioned - you can ask for it to be made without sugar or with a small amount of sugar.

Coconut juice straight from the coconut - from any street vendor.

Sep 19, 2005
ok when i first came to the island I bought jugo de pina from RICA....after about the third trip i couldnt find it any more...they sold orange , apple and pear juice...but not the pina...which was very very sweet and good....smooth!!! the pear isnt that bad and is close...but I miss that jugo de pina...

they were sold in the cardboard containers.... about 12 oz size and then about 16 oz in size as well.

bob