Cleef...I guess we're not the only ones, you and I...

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
He did sincerely apologize, but...

He's a pretty smart guy (Boras) I have a hard time believing he made this "mistake".

Just Boras being Boras.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Like they say... Es m?s f?cil pedir perd?n que pedir permiso..."It's easier to say I'm sorry than to ask permission"...

I wish they could fine BOTH of them or something... :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just goes to show you how much class A-Rod really has.
He disrespected the Game.

He is a great player April to September, but a loser in October. How many rings? None!
MVP or not, he is a no class person....

HB

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
The Parachute

This article makes a good point in that Boras "doesn't operate without a parachute". Meaning that by MeRod opting out of his previous deal, he probably has a suitor lined up already, and that will serve as their baseline deal. Purely speculative, but intuitive. Also makes a reasonable argument why the Giants could be interested.

The same was said about Boras's big ticket last year in J.D. Drew (leaving a huge deal with the Dodgers to sign for even more with the World Champions), and most people in baseball (some before, and more after the fact) believe it had to be true.
Angels: It makes a lot of sense from a baseball standpoint. The Angels need a power hitter, the third-base job is wide open, A-Rod would make them a lock to win the AL West (perhaps for several years running), and he could continue torturing the American League pitchers he knows so well. Boras is based in Newport Beach, and there was an unsubstantiated report this week that Rodriguez has purchased a home in Orange County.

Dodgers: In a stadium full of short-order cooks who claim to be screenwriters, the not-quite-real Rodriguez would be perfect in L.A. The Dodgers could use a hammer in their publicity contests with the Angels. But it's hard to imagine cost-conscious owner Frank McCourt hanging out too long in the bidding, and if Joe Torre becomes the manager, as rumored, he'd just as soon iron out a serious clubhouse rift without A-Rod's presence. As the Yankees' manager, Torre knew enough of Rodriguez to bat him eighth (against Detroit) in a postseason game.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
LA--home of movie stars, rich and famous, Gov. Arnold, Beckett, etc...

i think A-Rod and Joe would fit right in but the Angels would be the better fit especially if they add Barry Steroids as the DH. :laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
BUT you are just about the only ones to watch the world series.....it was the absolute worst viewed world series ever!!!!!!!!!!

the series got the LOWEST rating ever for television!!!!!!!

because no one cares about BOSTON!!! but boston!!

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, Mr. Laura Pausini Fan...you are just a SORE LOSER!!!!

BTW...we had your idol here in Miami this weekend do a concert for our radio station...sorry you missed it... ;)

Sep 19, 2005
but music...I didnt make the rating...i just gloatingly passed the info along...

and actually i only do it, because of the few yankee haters-boston fans

I actually am glad boston won...I have no ill feeling towards the TEAM!!!

I missed Laura up here at Jones Beach...I had it noted...but then it slipped my mind.

was she promoting YO CANTO...or does she have a new album??

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yes, she's promoting "YO CANTO", there's a song there "Disparame, dispara" that's the soundtrack for a 'novela' on Univision...she was awesome!!!! EVERYONE sang with her...sorry you missed her at Jones Beach...maybe next time! ;)

Oooops...just to make it related to DR...I think Laura once dated a Dominican Baseball player....or at least she should have!!!! :):):)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
what are arod and mike sharing ?
maybe that stripper babe arod was seen with :laugh:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Fox Sucks

and actually i only do it, because of the few yankee haters-boston fans
bob
Who specifically are the "MFY hater-World Champion fans" on this board?

Why are you so sensitive? Do you live in NY? That's a perfectly acceptable reason.

I certainly don't "hate" any team, and I can't recall anything but World Champion beatings on these pages, so I'm just asking.

Further, baseball ratings - sports in general - have been dipping for years. As soon as the internet fad is finally through, they'll pick back up.

Seriously though, 2/3rds of the country lives to the East of the Mississippi, and the people to the West of the Ole Miss don't give a crap about anything but hugging the planet, eating tofu, and doing yoga.

All the games went past midnight in the east, all the kids are in bed, I hope. Hell I didn't even watch a single game live. MLB, in conjunction with Fox and their sluts Chevy, Taco Bell and FloMax have completely ruined the fall classic.

No one was watching? Understandable, it was one-sided and from a viewability standpoint thoroughly unwatchable.

Sep 19, 2005
well music...did you know your buddy ceef is a LICEY fan...you better stop making out with him!!!!!

go Aguilas!!!!

19 championships each.....much more parity than ahem...the ML's in america ahem...ha ha ha what is it 27 to 2 ha ha ha ha

bob