Corporation Documents

TLS

Oct 30, 2007
I need advice. My lawyer says he should keep my corporation documents, including title to my property, at his office. He also suggested to use his office's address for the legalization at the chamber of commerce. Is this customary or am I being set up? Thanks.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Don't know about using his address,but ours has our original corp. papers and the title in his office.

Bob K

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
For what reason..............

...............I know of at least 8 of us (Americans) that live here full time and part time that KEEP ALL OUR CORPS AND PAPERS.............WITH US.........

WHY would you ask for trouble...............???? You don't actually believe there would be any recourse if something happened? A good HONEST lawyer in the DR are few and far between...........!

WITH ALL RESPECT TO ATTY GUZMAN, SORRY, BUT THAT IS FACT! and it would be VERY costly and time consuming for anyone to try to pursue any action against a lawyer for wrongdoing...........

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
A client should always take at least the Certificate of Title to his/her property and the stock certificates of the corporation, if one was formed.

If they leave any documents with the attorney, they should obtain a signed receipt stating the fact.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If you have a permanent address here in the DR, you may wish to change the domicile of the company to your address. Otherwise, I suggest you leave it at your attorney's so that he/she may warn you in case the company receives a notice.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
If you have a permanent address here in the DR, you may wish to change the domicile of the company to your address. Otherwise, I suggest you leave it at your attorney's so that he/she may warn you in case the company receives a notice.

Mr Guzman, can a company incorporated in Bermuda/Cayman Islands operate in the DR ?