QUISQUEYA Park Questions

bbd24

Oct 26, 2007
How far is it from Jaragua Hotel to Quisqueya Park ? What should one pay for taxi ? Can you buy your tickets at another location besides the park ?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
How far is it from Jaragua Hotel to Quisqueya Park ? What should one pay for taxi ? Can you buy your tickets at another location besides the park ?

It is about a ten minute taxi ride. Take a cab from the rear entrance of Jaragua Hotel, on Avenida Indenpendencia, . The cost is between 100-200 pesos. The cabs in front of Jaragua will probably charge you twice as much.

Tickets can be purchased at the park game day. I believe the box office opens at 10am.

There is a thread on this site with alternate places to buy tickets. I think it is National Supermercado where you can buy the tickets in advance. If I find the thread I will post it here.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sep 19, 2005
I stayed at the Napolean last jan when we went to see the Aguilas play the Tigers. We took a taxi, and it was 200 pesos for two people.

Funny thing is we had the front desk call us a taxi and I asked to make sure they have a decent car...i dont want some broken down piece of junk where I am sitting on the springs or can see the road between my feet!!

we waited and waited..maybe 15 minutes...no taxi..finally a taxi pulls up to drop someone off...we took that one instead....

It is almost the same ride as the Hotel the OP mentioned.

the killer was coming back after the game!!!! we walked out to the big road (JFK)because of the traffic jam leaving the stadium....and we waited and waited. No taxis use that road... and if they did go by, they were full...two busses came by that I think were heading to another part of town!!...soooo we walked east until we hit the big road that runs north south(gomez i think) and right before we got there a taxi finally stopped for us!!!! about an hour after we started...

then he ran out of gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he walked away and left us with the cab until he came back...that was some night!!!

wont do that again!!!

bob

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Bring one with you!

the killer was coming back after the game!!!! we walked out to the big road (JFK)because of the traffic jam leaving the stadium....and we waited and waited. No taxis use that road... and if they did go by, they were full...two busses came by that I think were heading to another part of town!!...soooo we walked east until we hit the big road that runs north south(gomez i think) and right before we got there a taxi finally stopped for us!!!! about an hour after we started...

then he ran out of gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he walked away and left us with the cab until he came back...that was some night!!!

wont do that again!!!

bob
That's why I walked. Couldn't get a cab, I think I took Gomez most of the way back to the ocean.

The next time I went to a game (i had 4 tix) I brought a trusted taxi driver - and his son - to the game with me.

Sep 19, 2005
yeah Gomez goes right to the Malecon...EXCEPT when they have a HUGE MONSTER hole in the road 4 blocks north of the malecom... and they direct you in all kinds of directions!!!! and even the buses try to pass you four wide on the right!!! ha ha ha.. crazy life down there as far as driving goes.

cleef, that must have been some walk!!! what time of night was it??

I didnt feel so happy about walking on JFK when we were..it was after midnight am sure....

bob