What's wrong with being a sanky?? Really.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I usually don't participate in the Sanky forum but I have read some of them for years. All I ever see is: they are the scum of the earth, lie, cheat and steal. Take your first newborn right out from under you and bla, bla bla.

Well, when you think about it ie; with what little opportunties these workers have, the level of poverty, the families they need to support-would you do much differently given the opportunity?

I watched some of these guys in operation last week and although I wouldn't have the stomach for it (some of these ladies--well If I was starving...) they are mearly trying to survive. Put money in their pocket and food on the table. G-D knows it can't be all about sex!

So, my point is--what's so wrong about being a sankie? Would you do it?

john

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm not a sankie, nor could I ever pass for one as I still have all of my front teeth, but I have dated a few tourists while in the DR.

What I can tell you is that these women are ripe for manipulation, sexual and psychological. The sankies are not all that good at what they do-I do not consider them to be master manipulators or anything like that.

To me they are just a bunch of opportunistic bozos who happen to be at the right place at the right time with the right amount of BS. Because lets' face it, how much can a sankie really say to someone who doesn't speak spanish?

Seriously, you can tell these women anything and they'll believe it. And don't fool yourself into thinking that it is just the women who would be considered by others as unattractive in the traditional sense(I tried to be diplomatic here, so cut me some slack) who fall prey to these guys.

If you go and hook up in the DR, man or woman, and you are dealing with some unresolved emotional issues, these sankies are there to exploit the situation.

And more than anything else they take a massive amount of pride in being able to dupe these women. This is how they keep score, aside from the money and gifts they receive. They are just a bunch of sleazeballs who really take pride in their work. Absolutely disgusting if you ask me.

But the way they see it, if you are a cockroach might as well shoot for "Waterbug" status.

And just to let you know, there is nothing stopping these vermin from earning a decent living. They just want it the easy way, and that should be enough to let you know what is wrong with this particular lifestyle.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
John you are making excuses for them. ... if they only had money... if they only had opportunities..... if they only had PRIDE

How much of the money that they get from these women do you think is used on buying FOOD ... milk, bread, beans for the house?

How much of the money is used to buy CLOTHING.... regular no name jeans, t-shirt, sneakers.

How much of the money is used to buy.. IPODs, jewelry, a new cell phone , alcohol, designer clothing????

I'd rather eat dirt or starve than be a sankie.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Six degrees of Sankism

Perhaps there are different levels of Sankism..... I know there are Putas, Semi-Putas, Part Time Putas, as well as NOT-A-PUTAS!

Do the same levels of Sankism exist as well?

tambo'

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
i know that these sankies do whatever it takes to get a tourist's attention, money, gifts etc...but at the end of the day if a girl/guy is lame enough to fall for someone he/she met while on vacation for a week, who doesnt speak any english and doesnt really have anything meaningful to offer then leave them be i guess.

ive seen poverty and ive seen people with very few options and opportunities and the majority of them work their butts off at legit jobs (plural) to put food on the table and take care of their families so do i think what sankies do is disguisting...of course but as long as there are tourists who fall for their cr*p, there will be sankies taking advantage of it.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Compassion - that is what sankies are playing with for the most part. Tourists who visit DR and see all this poverty feel compassion for poor people. We should rather give money to poor children and other good causes and not these putas without any morals. BTW, some of them are not poor or starving, they are just greedy and obnaxious and want more, more and more ...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My next trip I am going to prove a point that even a Gringo can make a living as a Sanky. I will not only donate all of the proceeds to a local childrens Dental clinic, I will match my earnings and double the donation.

Who is my first cliente......

tambo' the sanky

A

apostropheman

i was being sooo good too:paranoid::surprised...i really wanted to suggest that you become a sankie!!:cheeky:
My next trip I am going to prove a point that even a Gringo can make a living as a Sanky. I will not only donate all of the proceeds to a local childrens Dental clinic, I will match my earnings and double the donation.

Who is my first cliente......

tambo' the sanky
perhaps i'll do likewise my next trip and put the proceeds towards a worthy cause :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Are you both going to pretend you are poor and desperate and all your laggage got stolen to get money out of tourists?

A

apostropheman

i'm sure we'll cum up with somthing! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
Are you both going to pretend you are poor and desperate and all your laggage got stolen to get money out of tourists?
surely mi novia can't be the only female in the DR to luv my pastry, pudgy bod! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

perhaps we'll even get together for a little tag-team sankie action...the WWF of Sankies!:cheeky:

A

apostropheman

hmmm...that actually looks like a LOT of fun!

now we just have to figure out how to get the women to pay for it all :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
why are they in a class of their own?

So far the comments are all the same old same old (except for Tambo who I think is making a good point about "degrees of Sankism)

Now let's talk about "non-Sankie" in N.A. "Working" for the food on his table: The sub-prime mortage broker that talked his way into you buying a house that NO WAY you could afford.The pre-foreclosure work out company that will "save" you. Sankism?
The stock broker that will gladly take your money for a company about to dive into the toilet. The "financial planner" that doesn't know crap that willing will put you into plans that make no sense at all for a large fee. Sankism? Internet scams? Predator lending? Dating services for hugh amounts of money? Sankism? Nigeria mailings.

My point: when the stars and the moon come together ie: limited ways to make money and survive and lonely woman/man we have the perfect
setting similar to the examples I gave above.

So, I ask again, given the setting of the sankie in the DR--would you do it if you had teeth, hair on your head, could dance, talk a few words of English, knew how to make an International call, make up a good story/tale of woe and juggle your appointment book??

john

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Tambo, the sankie biz is quite easy at an AI for a gringo. when i use to stay at (un-named hotels) i use to always volunteer to take some ladies out at night (you know the town is so scary for a single woman). a few cuba libres, show them how to dance bachata, take them to a dominican restaurant and i'm in.
and all i got was a "thank you" for a nice night or the following night they paid for everything. who needs a working girl when AI's are full of them.
why pay for the cow when the milk is free ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So far the comments are all the same old same old (except for Tambo who I think is making a good point about "degrees of Sankism)

So, I ask again, given the setting of the sankie in the DR--would you do it if you had teeth, hair on your head, could dance, talk a few words of English, knew how to make an International call, make up a good story/tale of woe and juggle your appointment book??

john
Yeah, yeah, I love Tambo too, but guess what, Johne...

I'm the only one who actually did answer your question, but I guess you didn't like the answer and chose to ignore it.

Some people are made up of a different fiber than those who choose to scam for a living, but you don't seem to think so, so let me tell you a little story.
Back in the early 70's I was living in Vancouver, and I was desperate for money, no job, things looking bleak, and I met a dude my age who worked as a gigolo, and he wanted to mentor me into the biz.
Hard to believe that I was a good looking boy, at one time?
Well, I was.
6 Feet tall, muscular, sharp mind, good looking face, acted kool, all that stuff that the ladies like.
Anyhow, to make a long story short, I wouldn't do it.
Not in my nature.

So don't be so sure that everyone turns to scum in the face of adversity.
Some of us have morals, scruples, ethics and all that stuff that sankies do not have.