airline tickets

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
Our interview is on Dec. 3....do you think it would be safe/wise to have our return ticket for the 10th, which is one week later?

I'm able to purchase a one-way ticket for him right?

For those who been through the process...how many days ahead did you go to the DR before your interview? I was thinking two/three days before

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
I hope they do of course but I wouldn't recommend buying plane tickets for a possible yes. Good luck with the interview. Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
I hear you...and understand what you're saying...

BUT....can somebody still answer my question

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
To answer your questions "Yes" you can buy a one way ticket. Once approved there is no need to purchase a return flight, unless of course you are planning to return.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Our interview is on Dec. 3....do you think it would be safe/wise to have our return ticket for the 10th, which is one week later?

I'm able to purchase a one-way ticket for him right?

For those who been through the process...how many days ahead did you go to the DR before your interview? I was thinking two/three days before

Sweetie: Don't pay any attention to the pessimists here...

You can buy a one way ticket, no problem...You can go 2 days before the actual interview, IF your SO has all the paperwork ready, the med. exam done and has given everything to the courier to bring back to the Consulate...if not, you might need a couple extra days before the actual interview to make sure you won't be missing anything once you're there...

AND YES.....you can buy the tickets for a week later... since the interview is on a Monday, it would be safe to say that you will have your visa in hand by the next Monday...if not, for whatever reason, you can always change the return flight...it's just gonna cost you a bit more for the change...but at this point, who cares right???

Good luck...and go bring your man home!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

antoniusbl

Oct 27, 2007
Miami, Florida, United States
So, we can be reasonably confident that the visas will be delivered within a week of the interview? I am also trying to make travel plans. My interview is scheduled for Friday, Nov 30. I have been living and working from the DR since June but my employer has required that I return by Dec 3. I can probably squeeze an extra week up to Friday, Dec 7 but any time after that could present problems for me.

My original plan was to return to the US the day after the interview and come back two weeks later to pick her up with our baby daughter and fly back the next day. I would really prefer to avoid the round trip as the flights are 12 hours each to and from San Diego but I dont want to run the risk of staying past the one week and getting into trouble at work.

On the consulate web site it states:

"our documents will be delivered to your home (or other address of your choice, such as where you work) in approximately two to three days after the IV Unit gives the visa/documents to the courier service."

Does anyone know how long it takes for the IV unit to create the documents and hand them over to the courier service? Is this something that is done on the same day or the next day or is there a significant lag between the two?

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
There is a significant delay between the interview and when the docs are delivered to the courrier. Some people have waited three days or more for this. I would give yourself at least a week after the interview.

-Tim

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
I agree...We have our interview on a Monday and I bought our tickets for the next monday...so hope it goes smoothly

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Yes, one week ahead is the safest way to go, like someone said here before you can change it, I think that the cost between changing a flight and buying one at the last minute, is less. I would definitely buy the tickets.

Gosh.... so many of DTTUSA members are having their interviews now... Please Tim..
I hope you can have site back up soon..

ReD_HeAd

Mar 12, 2007
As MQ and others stated you can purchase a 1 way ticket for your spouse. Only a USC needs roundtrip tickets to go to DR.

As far as when to book it all depends on where you live in DR. For SDQ 1 week is good. A recent couple was called just 2 days after their visa was granted and were able to pick it up at the courier office after 3 business days. They had their interview Weds. and picked the visa up the following Monday.

If you live away from SDQ like Santiago for example please allow up to 15 days is what a recent couple was told in September. It took if I can recall correctly 9 days or something like that for them to get the visa. With daily calls to the Santiago courier office. She had to come back without her fiance.

Of course you need to take into consideration if there are any holidays or administrative days after and before your interview also.