Dominicans in US relief fund

lorraine913

Nov 3, 2007
Thanks for the info Dolores. My 10 year old daughter has organized a drive at her school. Now we're trying to find a local shipper willing to send it over there. If anybody has some info to share please let me know.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Just want to add that if you would like to donate food, medicine, etc. you can do so on the corner of 211th and Broadway in Manhattan. I was there today and yesterday. I would say if you would like to donate something to buy, I never saw any mosquiteros...I'm forgetting what they are called in english...fly nets? anyway, I know those are hard to find in NY, but just letting you know my observation. Flashlights are also very important, can openers, MEDICINE, blankets, etc.

The solidarity there is incredible...they are there all hours of the day. It's very important to have volunteers to clear it up bc it's all over the sidewalks and we're trying to get rid of everything incase it rains. According to some forecasts, it may rain here on tuesday...many things can get destroyed as a result and the boxes will be useless.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just want to add that if you would like to donate food, medicine, etc. you can do so on the corner of 211th and Broadway in Manhattan. I was there today and yesterday. I would say if you would like to donate something to buy, I never saw any mosquiteros...I'm forgetting what they are called in english...fly nets? anyway, I know those are hard to find in NY, but just letting you know my observation. Flashlights are also very important, can openers, MEDICINE, blankets, etc.

The solidarity there is incredible...they are there all hours of the day. It's very important to have volunteers to clear it up bc it's all over the sidewalks and we're trying to get rid of everything incase it rains. According to some forecasts, it may rain here on tuesday...many things can get destroyed as a result and the boxes will be useless.

Pics of 211th & Broadway here:
www.Remolacha.net

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Pics of 211th & Broadway here:
www.Remolacha.net

Pleas for help were non-stop on some of the Spanish radio stations here in NYC the past couple of days.Driving home from my office yesterday there was one guy who was rattling off numbers (Homeless, etc.) so fast that as I tried to translate in my head while driving I almost became a victim-with the car in front of me.
john

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks! I guess I should mention that I am in South Carolina....LOL....if I have to take it to MIami then that is what I will do. My daughter is working so hard on this that I want to help her any way possible.

Well at least you're in the US, I thought after I posted that last night that you might have been in Europe or UK..............! Seriously, the other thing you could do would be to contact Dominican Embassy in US & see if they are using Consulates as collection points. There might be one near you.
Noel Relief Fund

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks! I guess I should mention that I am in South Carolina....LOL....if I have to take it to MIami then that is what I will do. My daughter is working so hard on this that I want to help her any way possible.

You might just find it cheaper to get a freight company to deliver it for you. Unless you have a pickup or a trailer the gas and the cost of a Uhaul will set you back more than US300. BTW, I'm from Charleston.

Chilipepper

Mar 28, 2003
Donations

Also, in Charlotte, North Carolina, Fundacion Lider along with the Charlotte Dominican Club will hold a radiothon on Saturday, November 10th from 10:00am - 5:00pm at the Compare Foods Supermarket on Independence Boulevard, for those interested in donating to the relief fund.