A-Rod eyeing Boston

Sep 19, 2005
well that wouldnt sit well for us yankee fans to have his bat move over there... and from all the posts here it seems a lot of sox fans wouldnt like it either.

he says the bosoxs are his number one choice....

I wonder where in the lineup they would stick him??? and what position he would play...any guesses??

hello hey you sox fans dont run away!!!!

ha ha ha

bob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think the Bosox faithful could warm to him, after all, the Yankees fans never really accepted him and they are still feeling pretty high after doiung away with their nemesis and winning the big dance.

Imagine this - the new "Murderer's Row":

#1 Pedroia
#2 Elsbury
#3 BP
#4 Arod
#5 Manny
#6 Drew
#7 Lowell

Ouch!!!!!

Murderers' Row - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Needless to say, we could be talking about a new era of domination -what with Steibrenner going mad, the Yankees will be rebuilding for the next few years.

Sep 19, 2005
what postion is Lowel playing again???

manny wouldnt have an issue with batting behind the new guy ...right?? ha ha ha

bob

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Lowell is a free agent. he can go get his money in New York and let Boston have A-Rod.

But Lowell is more important as a clutch player who gets along with his teammates. A-Rod brings a different dynamic to a clubhouse that is not necessarily conducive to cohesion, or winning for that matter.

It would be a mistake if Boston seriously considers him as a free agent. What they need to do is unload Coco Crisp and J.D. Drew. Both of those signings have been bad for Boston-so why bring another huge contract into the mix when their blend of youth and experience has been so successful?

Speaking of which, they really look smart now for letting Pedro Martinez go, don't they?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Lowell is a free agent. he can go get his money in New York and let Boston have A-Rod.

But Lowell is more important as a clutch player who gets along with his teammates. A-Rod brings a different dynamic to a clubhouse that is not necessarily conducive to cohesion, or winning for that matter.

It would be a mistake if Boston seriously considers him as a free agent. What they need to do is unload Coco Crisp and J.D. Drew. Both of those signings have been bad for Boston-so why bring another huge contract into the mix when their blend of youth and experience has been so successful?

Speaking of which, they really look smart now for letting Pedro Martinez go, don't they?

You might be right if it weren't for the fact that Ortiz and Manny are Domincans, and will make Alex fit in like Flynn. Why do you think Alex announced that he has them in mind? He knows it too.

As far as Lowell, when Bo-rat announced alex's departure, some of the other sportwriters were already conjecturing about Lowell when Arod comes a coming. :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if i were A-Rod, i would really think twice about the LA money. the Angels look pretty good right now. i really don't think boston can repeat this performance next year. if he wants a ring, think it's gonna rotate around to the AL-West Angels.

if you go with Joe Torre, you only gonna end up with Pamela Anderson :laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
no chipoooo I think he is eyeing boston, because he believes they are a conteder for the series again and they have enough money to pay for a guy like him.....

few teams can throw yankee money at people....AND still be a contender for the divsion at least

other than ancestry...I dont he has much dominican in common with those two other guys

bob

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
This guy doesn't care where he plays, as long as he gets paid the big bucks. He is just trying to draw interest from the Yankees. After all the Yankees couldn't let his big bat go to the World Champs. Could they??

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This guy doesn't care where he plays, as long as he gets paid the big bucks. He is just trying to draw interest from the Yankees. After all the Yankees couldn't let his big bat go to the World Champs. Could they??

Arod and the Yankees are history.

Bob - as far as Arod not really being Dominican, he speaks Spanish well and I think he won't doubt his heritage.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25418

Also, it is no secret that he and Ortiz and Manny are very good friends - do a news report search and you will see that they hang out together. Apparently, Manny even gave Arod a ride to the game when the Yanks were in beantown.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ojala.....

As I said before, I hope to God he goes over there and in a way tell all the SUCKS fans: "Here I am, NOW you gotta love me or learn to live with it!!".

It would be the BIGGEST slap on the face in sports history!!.

I would love to see what those HATERS will say then.

I wonder how many SUCKIES will hang themselves, wahahaha!!.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A-Rod doesn't care who is dominican on the Red Sox. He is as americanized as you can get, whereas Manny and Big Poppi actually grew up in the DR.

Its' about the cash for A-Rod, not about the rings. And if he goes to a contender the team that signs him will have to carry him through the playoffs because he will not and cannot perform when it really counts.

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
I hope not, Mike is doing pretty good at there, we don't need a distraction like a-rod, beside, manny being manny said, who's need a-rod when we have Mike Lowell..

Jan 5, 2006
News Bulletin!!!

A-Rod will go to the team that pays him the most money. It doesn't matter if it's the Florida Marlins, the Pittsburgh Pirates or Boston. Remember, everytime that a player says that it's not about the money, it's about the money.

All this crap that Bor-ass is spewing sounds awfully familiar to what we heard before A-Rod signed with Texas. (A good team with a good chance to win, yadda, yadda, yadda) Only after he got his money and couldn't get out of last place, did he whine his way out of town. He's a me first player and the Yankees and any team that wants to win big on a consistent basis are better off without him.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You guys try to make it seem as if this guy is Bonds or something - we will just have to wait and see.....

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
For the love of all that is sane!

he says the bosoxs are his number one choice....bob
Who said that? A source close to MeRod? Are these the same people that give him guidance?

Nothing is to be believed at this time of the season, even if it comes directly from the player's mouth "it's not about the money".

My sense is that the World Champions have no interest in MeRod, and they'd like to tell everyone that, but it does them no good to do so.

It's another Boras ploy to get teams into a bidding war - it would do him no service to exclude any team, and more good to start the bidding with the Red Sox, knowing that if teams realize they'll be competing against the top payroll (I'm assuming the MFYs are not interested) they'll be more creative and lucrative deals to choose from.

A statement - or rumor - from the Red Sox on how (very truly) little interest they have in him would allow teams to gauge the market and temper their bids or proposals. IMO, this does no one in the business any good; they have to work with Boras now and in the future, and they're fundamentally in competition with every other team anyway. No sense doing them any favors either.

Chip. I've never heard that Manny and Ortiz are "very good friends" with MeRod. I'd be interested in anything you could point me to that would open me up to that notion. I bet if you asked Manny if he gave "ARod" a ride to the park he'd ask "who"?

So "MeRod" is "MeRing" now? He's interested in "multiple championships".

Give me a f'n break. How about multiple facial fractures by Varitek if he even thinks walking into the World Champion clubhouse would be an inviting notion.

That selfish prick wants a championship ring like I want a set of tits. They'd be great to have, but highly improbable.

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
let me tell ya'll...boston fans want the sox to sign lowell and see me-rod go to L.A. with Torre. It'll be cool to see them again in the post season as a SOX fan.

I dunno tho..it would be kinda kewl tho. Kinda like the "return of the bambino" And it would be a slap to money flinging georgies face.

I still dont want to see him in boston.

I do think he's dominican enough tho as he grew up in the heights. I think he could fit in there if his motivation for a ring. I think he'd play for less money but his agent is a sponge.

I am hoping the sox sign lowell and resist this tempation (he blew us off for the stankies...he shows no loyalty)