help with residency in santiago

jazzyjeff0129

Nov 5, 2007
I am an American born citizen and would like help in getting dual residency for Santiago DR. I have a condo owned with my half brother who is a domincan born citizen now living in American legally. I am in need of help getting the proper paperwork for dual residency and drivers privleges in the DR. I will be there from Nov 20th till Nov 27th, If you ave info for me please let me know what I need to bring on my trip to help facilitate this procedure. Sincerely Jeff

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
jazzy, it takes most of us 1 year plus to provisional residency and another year for permanent residency. Seven days on vacation is not going to do it for you.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
You can certainlly get the process started when you are here. It takes between 4-6 months to get it done. You have to be here to have the cards issued as they need your picture and signature. We used a lawyer in Santiago who was much more effecient then most and cheaper them most as well. PM me if you want her information.

Bob K

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Jazzy,

Sorry you won't be in Santiago in December, I live there and have done it by myself, but will not be back until December, currently on vacation.

Being as you will not be in the DR for an extended period of time, Robert's and Bob K's suggestions are very good.

There is an Immigration office in Santiago on 27th of February (Coming from the city, it is one block before supermercado Nacional on the left side, a large block long 2 story building, they are on the 2nd floor at the end closest to Nacional), they are very friendly and helpful. I would suggest you talk to them, they have the forms that you need which advises which papers and documents are necessary. Your birth certificate needs to be certified in the country of birth as I understand it now. So, stopping in and talking to them may help you a lot.

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Additional Note:

You say your half brother is Dominican born, by any chance, are either of your parents Dominican?

If so, then you are a Dominican from what I understand, you just need to proceed differently about getting your rightful Dominican Citizenship and Cedular card.

About certification of your birth certificate, it must be certified by the Dominican Consular in your country of birth.

Don

jazzyjeff0129

Nov 5, 2007
You say your half brother is Dominican born, by any chance, are either of your parents Dominican?

If so, then you are a Dominican from what I understand, you just need to proceed differently about getting your rightful Dominican Citizenship and Cedular card.

About certification of your birth certificate, it must be certified by the Dominican Consular in your country of birth.

Don
No was after the fact that he became my half brother, but thank you for picking up on that. Ciao Jeff