Dr Loca !!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You reading this, drloca?
"Cause this is for you.

You have my vote as DR1 member of the day.
Bringing all those goodies for Marie (see http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/66864-when-rains-pours.html) and her family, halfway across the world, all the way from Punta Cana by public transport.
Man, you da best .............

You couldn't be there to see her receive your gifts and these pics might not quite do the moment justice, but it was magic, and I hope you can feel some of it through the pix.

DRlocaMarie.jpg

DRlocaMarie1.jpg

DRlocaMarie2.jpg

DRlocaMarie3.jpg

DRlocaMarie4.jpg

DRlocaMarie5.jpg

DRlocaMarie6.jpg

DRlocaMarie7.jpg

DRlocaMarie8.jpg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DRlocaMarie23.jpg

DRlocaMarie24.jpg

DRlocaMarie25.jpg

DRlocaMarie26.jpg

DRlocaMarie27.jpg

I think the tide has finally changed, from Marie feeling desperation, to a whole new world full of hope.
Thanks, drloca.

A

apostropheman

Thanks Rocky and drloca!!! :)

those are fantastic pics!

you guys just out a big smile on my face! :laugh::bunny::bunny:

N

naturelover

makes you feel like singing "a whole new world"..........perhaps that will put her back in depression on second thoughts

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Rocky and drloca!!! :)

those are fantastic pics!

you guys just out a big smile on my face! :laugh::bunny::bunny:
I tell ya, Bro, 'cause I know that you understand these things.
There was magic in the air.
It just happened to be her day off and certainly wasn't expecting us to show up.
We arrived like a column of troops, as some of the neighbours jumped in to help carry the stuff all the way up to the house she's now living in.

They were already high on life, as someone had just given them a stove and fridge for the new house, and quite nice equipment to boot.
Her hubby was out buying more supplies towards finishing the house, with money donated to them, and when we arrived with drloca's stuff, that just iced the cake.
I bet you that it was the first time they felt really good, since the house burned down.
drloca came though with perfect timing.

A

apostropheman

Rocky,

it sounds like the New Year's Champagne Run...and you know how much i LOVE that!

i'm just glad for Marie and her family. many families in their situation would take years to recover...if they ever did.

we can't help everyone but it sure is wonderful to help when we can. :laugh:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
DR Loca

You did a beautiful thing for this family. I believe that when you bless others unselfishly, as you have done, many blessings and good things happen to you in return.

Good work!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Quite apart from the generosity, the effort to get to Sosua from Punta Cana on public transport is amazing! I hope it wasn't for drloca, but it could have been a real hassle.

Absolutely splendid, drloca. :)

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Amazing Drloca!

That is a truly fantastic thing you did there Drloca - and you can see it in her eyes that you made her day (week, month etc!). Well done you, if the world was full of people like you imagine how differenet it would be!!

So nice to hear stories like this instead of bad news all the time, well done again you're an absolute star!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
the effort to get to Sosua from Punta Cana on public transport is amazing!
Absolutely splendid, drloca. :)
What can anyone say about such an extraordinary effort?
There's no way I would want to drag that through airports, and then all the way from Punta Cana to the North coast on the bus system.
And that's only the half of it, as drloca was toting an equivalent amount of "luggage" to donate elsewhere (can't remember who, but some other charitable cause), and...... her own luggage.

Now, I would like to take this moment to mention how fantastic all the folks are, who have helped Marie out.
Without them, I can't imagine what her life would be like right now.
You all know who you are, and Marie is thankful, right to the bottom of her heart.
You all have changed her live.
You've saved her.

That being said, can we vote drloca our DR1 member of the week?

A

apostropheman

She gets my vote!

i've done the bus thing from Punta Cana to Sosua, with just a knapsack and a carryon bag, and wouldn't want to do it again. especially carting all the extra luggage!

"The Incredible Journey" to be sure! :)

CHEERS to DRloca for an extraordinary job! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Last edited:

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
She gets my vote!

i've done the bus thing from Punta Cana to Sosua, with just a knapsack and a carryon bag, and wouldn't want to do it again. especially carting all the extra luggage!

"The Incredible Journey" to be sure! :)

CHEERS to DRloca for an extraordinary job! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

And most definitely mine too!

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
I wonder if drloca's going to get a chance to log on soon and see this thread.
It would be a shame if she missed on collecting her award, of a brand new Mercedez Bens, for being voted DR1 member of the week.

Haha - I'm sure she'd donate it to a good cause anyway :) As I said before amazing effort - and that was before I know she'd done the same elsewhere too. What a fantastic lady!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks everyone...but its not that big of a deal...you're embarrasing me...never expected any publicity Marco!!!;)

Its not everyday one gets an opportunity to help others less fortunate and impact on their lives in some small way...and I guess my timing just happened to help!

And a big "thank you" to Marco for playing delivery person!