Getting from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo

Art

Oct 26, 2007
I have a credit on American Airlines which only flies to Punta Cana. I need to find the best way to get to Santo Domingo after landing in Punta Cana.

Are there charter flights that fly to Santo Domingo? Which ones?

How long would the bus route take?

Thanks,
Art

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i know it would be a huge coincidence but we are driving a large 9 passenger rented van from punta cana to santo dom. on the 26th of nov. if that day works for you or anyone else needing a ride please feel free to pm as we only have five going as of now. good luck... ben

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
How perfect would that be!

What time of day would you be arriving as there are buses but they don't run very late...I had to get a taxi last time (which certainly wasn't a cheap way of doing things!)

Let us know how you get on - I find it interesting to see how people get from one place to another especially we are most likely to fly to Punta Cana or POP next time we come as these are the only 2 that we can get a direct flight to. And it otherwise means hassles of transit visas for my hubby.

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
punta cana to santo domingo

arriving dec17 2007 7pm will share taxi with others or bus or whatever

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

Last express bus from Bavaro-Santo Domingo leaves at 7pm. Depending on the amount of luggage you have, you will likely still be able to get a bus to Higuey and then onto the capital. Buses are definately the cheapest option and run a pretty efficient service. Personally, unless you are sharing a taxi with several people, I dont think its worth the money as it will probably run you a couple of hundred dollars. Good luck

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
drloca, are you sure that the last Bavaro Santo Domingo Expreso leaves at 7:00 p.m.?? Our buddy rubio_higuey told me that it was at 3 or 4:00 p.m.???

Some confirmation please....

Cordially,

HB

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
drloca, are you sure that the last Bavaro Santo Domingo Expreso leaves at 7:00 p.m.?? Our buddy rubio_higuey told me that it was at 3 or 4:00 p.m.???

Some confirmation please....

Cordially,

HB

My humblest apologies...I guess I should known as I have done that trip so many times...yes, he is 100% correct...arrives into SDQ around 7pm!

If kiai needs to overnight in Bavaro, the first one leaves at 7am but I would advise getting there at least half an hour early as the bus tends to sell out pretty quickly.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention so I could correct that!;)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT believes the 7PM time refers to the last express bus leaving Higuey for Santo Domingo.

Regards,
PJT

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
How do I find out for sure what time the last bus from Higuey departs for SD. I will be arriving into PC airport at 315 on the 27th

doradojim

Mar 16, 2006
Dec.17 PUJ

I arrive at 19:50 and plan to taxi to Santo Domingo that night.I'm willing to share taxi fare.PM me if you are willing to wait one hour(hopefully)and split fare.

calvindailey

Dec 14, 2007
Travelling From Punta cana to SD 24th Jan 08

I am flying from the UK to Punta Cana arrive 24th Jan 2008,then onto SD.Is ther anyone who would like to share a taxi to SD from Punta Cana.I have heard its a 4 hr drive...
Is that the best way to travel or get to SD